NBA Discussion

Dropping the curtain on the 10th LA Laker/15th Lakers championship tomorrow night, should be cool. Hopefully seeing all the bling drives Mr. Artest and keeps him calm. If Manu is healthy the Spurs are going to be tough but if Bynum is healthy the Lakers should too strong for them.

As for the East, I think Shaq is going to make the Cavs' locker room horrible and I think the Big Tickets' knee problems are going to be issues for the Celts all year. Sheed isn't as good as Garnett.

his knee's don't seem to be too bad in preseason.

Dropping the curtain on the 10th LA Laker/15th Lakers championship tomorrow night, should be cool. Hopefully seeing all the bling drives Mr. Artest and keeps him calm. If Manu is healthy the Spurs are going to be tough but if Bynum is healthy the Lakers should too strong for them.

As for the East, I think Shaq is going to make the Cavs' locker room horrible and I think the Big Tickets' knee problems are going to be issues for the Celts all year. Sheed isn't as good as Garnett.

his knee's don't seem to be too bad in preseason.

Pre-season is bullshit.

Lakers didn't look great but they will be fine. Once Artest gets use to everything they are going to be hard to stop. Plus Gasol wasn't playing. I don't think there's a team inthe league that can play with a healthy Laker team.

I figure they won, Gasol didn't play, they just got their rings, its the first game of the year, and the Clips are better than they're given credit. A "W" is a "W"

Totally. I wasnt expecting them come out in top form. They looked ok.

When all/most of the starters were on the bend the Clippers made a couple runs. Got within 1 point in the 3rd and then the Lakers took over again. Ended up winning by 7 but it wasnt really that close. Bynum looked great tho, I think he had 26 pts and 13 Rebs. Thats very encouraging. Hes the one somewhat weak link among the starters and if he can step his game up thats going to be REALLY scary for every other team. Odom looked great too.

Wow. Donaghy really rips Dick Bavetta hard.

It's funny that he brings up Game 6 of the '02 Kings/Lakers series. That was the worst officiated game I had ever seen. It was unreal how they handed the Lakers that game.

And I agree, most of that does sound rather believable.

Apparently the NBA is going to formally look into these allegations.