NBA Discussion

http://www.huliq.com/6168/84608/nba-star-rashard-lewis-suspended-steroids

NBA Star Rashard Lewis Suspended for Steroids

Orlando Magic basketball star Rashard Lewis has been suspended by the NBA for violating the league's Anti-Drug Program. Rashard Lewis tested positive for an elevated testosterone level believed to be the result of a steroid precursor known as DHEA.

Rashard Lewis, 29, said that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he claims he did not know was banned by the NBA.

"First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty," Lewis said. "I apologize to Magic fans, my teammates and this organization for not doing the research that should come with good judgment."

As a result of his positive steroid drug test, Rashard Lewis, will be suspended without pay for 10 regular season games which comes to approximately $1.6 million of his $18 million dollar salary for 2009-2010.

The positive drug test comes on the heels of one of Rashard Lewis' best seasons in the league. Rashard Lewis made the All-Star team last year and helped the Orlando Magic defeat the Boston Celtics and Cleveland in the playoffs on the way to the NBA finals against the eventual champion Los Angeles Lakers

• 1 month later...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

haha. This guy rips apart Jordan's speech.

And frankly, he's right about it. I had some of the same thoughts as I was watching it.

The guy who wrote that is lame and whoever the unnamed people are that he is quoting are a bunch of jackasses. If they wanna say something about Jordan then man up and let them quote you and use your name. Jordan had a great speech. It was funny and he wasnt trying to settle any scores. He was making jokes about things throughout his career. I didnt think he was saying anything bad at all. He's a little arrogant but hes Michael Jordan, I think he's allowed to be a little arrogant. I dont think any other major sport has 1 guy they can call the best ever and have most people agree with it.

• 3 weeks later...

i love basketball, and i love the nba, but for some reason i just get bored with fantasy leagues that i need to check every day. i keep up with them for about a month and then lost interest and never check them again. that's why football (which is the sport i pay least attention to of the three major sports) is the only fantasy sport i participate in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in 3 leagues already so I think I'm all set with those.

I can't wait for the season to start. I want to go to the Hornets home opener but it's against the fucking Kings and it's during the first night of Voodoo Fest. Hopefully I'll be able to take photos at most of the games this season so I can save some money on tickets.

Dropping the curtain on the 10th LA Laker/15th Lakers championship tomorrow night, should be cool. Hopefully seeing all the bling drives Mr. Artest and keeps him calm. If Manu is healthy the Spurs are going to be tough but if Bynum is healthy the Lakers should too strong for them.

As for the East, I think Shaq is going to make the Cavs' locker room horrible and I think the Big Tickets' knee problems are going to be issues for the Celts all year. Sheed isn't as good as Garnett.