5" vinyl?

So I bought a 5" vinyl. Put it on the turntable but I can't listen to it cause it's so small the tone arm automatically picks up and returns to the side. I've got an old turntable & a new one and they both do the same thing.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around this?

Same thing happens with mine. I still haven't found a way of getting them to play

So I bought a 5" vinyl. Put it on the turntable but I can't listen to it cause it's so small the tone arm automatically picks up and returns to the side. I've got an old turntable & a new one and they both do the same thing.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around this?

Same thing happens with mine. I still haven't found a way of getting them to play

Me Too ...I've got Two 5" records never played ...at least if i sell them i can class them as Mint Condition ;)

What i recommend is... put the speed on 33 (regardless of what speed the record is, then start moving the arm very slowly across towards the record. This is the method i use, it's like you're fooling your turntable into thinking you're playing a normal record. I have problems with the Pulling Teeth records as well as 5" records but with a bit of patience it always works.

The only 5" I own is the one that came w/ 27's original pressing of the "Animal Life" CD...Haven't played it.

dammit! i want! i have the animal life cd and picture disc LP. wtf. never heard of a 5" being included with that. :-/

anyone have the Gratitude "This Is The Part" 5"? if so, is your b-side all worn on the edges and ruined for playing too? worst handled 5" novelty ever, so annoyed that i have multiple copies that are ruined probably by poor storage.