iPod Touch?

I've never had an iPod, but I'm thinking about asking for one of these for Christmas. Anybody have one that could throw their 2 cents in? Does the internet browser work well? Are there extra fees for it? How do videos look on it?

Any info on why I should/ shouldn't get one would be appreciated. Thanks.

I love mine. I use it as a super-mobile computer when I travel. Works great when hotels offer free Wi-Fi. The screen is phenomenal and is said to be even better on the new generation. Paying for big upgrades can be a pain but its only $9.99 and is usually worth the upgrade. There are also some pretty killer free apps. All-in-all a great little device.

I love my 16 gig Touch. It's not a ton of space, but if I keep it pruned so it only has music I'm currently listening to, it's fine and it leaves lots of room for videos and games. Also works better for shuffle mode too if there's not tons of stuff I don't want to hear. I hope to get another year or so of life out of it, and then it's time to move towards an iPhone.

They're great, one thing to keep in mind, if you plan to jailbreak them and do cool things with them outside of the regular already great things, the newest ipod touch is still un-jailbreakable as far as I know. The first version you can jailbreak, 2G, can't. Just a word of advice if you want to hack it.

They're great, one thing to keep in mind, if you plan to jailbreak them and do cool things with them outside of the regular already great things, the newest ipod touch is still un-jailbreakable as far as I know. The first version you can jailbreak, 2G, can't. Just a word of advice if you want to hack it.

what hacks can you do to them?

Mainly the start of the hacks was to get it to run outside AT&T.

As far as the Touch vs. the Phone, well if you're on AT&T the phone would be the way to go, if not then you have to change carriers.

Mainly the start of the hacks was to get it to run outside AT&T.

As far as the Touch vs. the Phone, well if you're on AT&T the phone would be the way to go, if not then you have to change carriers.

I got a iPhone for tmobile and I'm loving life. While the edge net connection isn't quite fast. I can still get online and do what I need to do. I love when I can catch a wifi connection.

I absolutely love my touch. Has saved me so many times on records going on sale when I'm in class. (Many FAT orders, Gaslight Anthem demos/'59 Sound, my share of the Co-Op, etc)

Mine's over a year old, and still flawless. Screen is immaculate, and I haven't had any real problems otherwise. My only problem is mine is completely full, though that's what I get for cheaping out and going for the 8gb.

The iphone is the greatest thing ever. I've never used an ipod touch, but I think the functionality is basically the same as the iphone. I don't like using the iphone for my ipod because I prefer tactile controls. I like to be able to mess with it without taking it out of my pocket.