Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Delicatessen"

It was amazing. The saturated colors, the amazing sound design, the perfect full circle story. I'd definitely suggest it.

Also, "PCU" & "Love & Sex" last night, because I was on a Jon Favreau kick. Those movies NEVER get old. <3333

Also, tried to watch "Heckler" but thought it was pretty dumb and didn't even finish it. I don't think Jamie Kennedy is funny. At all. I don't know why we rented that shit.

Terminator: Salvation - was a pretty awesome action movie

Ikiru - somewhat funny Japanese movie from the 50's about the pointlessness of most bureaucracy

Taken - Neilson was incredible for an older dude in an action movie, plus I wanted so many people to die, and they all did

Bob Saget: That Ain't Right - egh.....some of it was funny. Most of it was just ridiculous

Sleepers - one of the best movies I've seen in a while

A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy - Good old Woody Allen movie

Ikiru's one of the best movies ever.

i really enjoyed Ikiru

i saw two Korean films at the Film Festival today

This Charming Girl - a wordy drama about a woman getting over a failed engagement and the death of her mother

My Dear Enemy - a dark comedy about a broke chick tracking down her ex who owes her 3,500$ and also happens to be broke himself

"Delicatessen"

It was amazing. The saturated colors, the amazing sound design, the perfect full circle story. I'd definitely suggest it.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is up there with Terry Gilliam for most visually compelling movies. I celebrate his entire catalogue.

i agree. the entire time we were watching it, my boyfriend kept saying "whoa, this reminds me of "Brazil"!"

I just got finished watching it again :x!

also, in response to your King of Kong post. I LOVE THAT. Steve Weibe is the fucking best. I love it when his kid is crying in the bathroom for him and that is the tape he had to send in to that dude to evaluate his high score or whatever. It's real life at it's finest.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is up there with Terry Gilliam for most visually compelling movies. I celebrate his entire catalogue.

i agree. the entire time we were watching it, my boyfriend kept saying "whoa, this reminds me of "Brazil"!"

I just got finished watching it again :x!

also, in response to your King of Kong post. I LOVE THAT. Steve Weibe is the fucking best. I love it when his kid is crying in the bathroom for him and that is the tape he had to send in to that dude to evaluate his high score or whatever. It's real life at it's finest.

DADDY STOP PLAYING DONKEY KONG AND COME WIPE MY BUTT!!!

My Dear Enemy - a dark comedy about a broke chick tracking down her ex who owes her 3,500$ and also happens to be broke himself

How was this? I dled it from an Asian movie tracker because it was the free leech of the week but never got around to watching it.

i thought it was pretty funny and well done. worth your time.

Last night I watched "Laid To Rest". I think some preview bated me into adding this crappy movie to my netflix cue. It had some decent gore and interesting kills. The acting was terrible. I think my favorite part was the professional wrastler Bill Goldberg was in the movie. Most annoying part of the movie goes to the killer being called Chrome Skull.

from the past however many days

Frontier(s): it really bugs me when people are stupid in horror movies, so this movie annoyed me. a couple of dumb moves are fine, cuz not everyone's perfect, but sometimes people should just die.

The Reader: I thought it was alright.. kate winslet is naked a lot and gives a pretty good performance

Angels & Demons: was just an okay movie. not horrible but definitely not great. i like that i still get to use my old ass student id to get movies for a couple bucks cheaper

My current string of bad newer horror movies continued last night with "Wrong Turn 2, Dead End". This movie had some awesome gore and horrible acting. Henry Rollins was comedic gold in this movie although I have a feeling that isn't what was intended for his character.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this movie. I am glad I watched it...twice in one evening too. The lady I watch movies with wanted to see it after I was so pumped on the gore and bad acting.