Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drahtuos
anna paquin is definitely a terrible, one-note, ham-fisted actress with a busted-up grill.

duuuude.. harsh. i like her anyway. the gap teeth are cute.

+ All Tomorrow's Parties documentary at the LA Film Festival screening- The music was amazing and the editing was really great. I enjoyed how the footage was from all different angles from fans, band members, and filmmakers. The splicing together of the same song performed in different locations evoked the same emotions that I've had while chasing a band around at a festival attempting to see all of their sets. Our whole group had a good time watching this, and they also played it at an outdoor venue (Ford Amphitheatre) which added to its appeal.

+ Party Down- We've been watching this pretty consistently since we overdid ourselves on Summer Heights High. It's a "fake reality" type show based on the interworkings of a typically fucked up catering crew lead by a neurotic yet goal oriented leader. The gang is made up of a bunch of recognizable actors with assorted guest stars thrown in who then usually become inundated with job or friend requests by the servers. While the goal is to be comedic, it does have moments of serious emotion to punctuate the ridiculous situations in which everyone becomes entangled.

+ Sportscenter/ESPN- It's always on at the gym and sometimes I luck out because they're broadcasting soccer! I also prefer it to any other day/nighttime television that seems to be showing.

+ The Secret Life of the American Teenager/ Make it or Break it- I have no reason for this other than I have some retardation and feel the need to watch ABC family.

Gozu - Takashi Miike film, somewhat reminiscent of David Lynch films. Not quite sure how I feel about this one yet. I am going to watch it again.

Murder Party - Funny but annoying.

Dead or Alive Final - Takashi Miike DOA trilogy ending film. I really enjoyed the characters in this.

The Jacket - This film is super good.

The Hangover - Not the type of comedy I normally enjoy but I really liked it.

Religulous - Awesome!!!

Guest drahtuos

finished season one of true blood, it left me wanting to see more. the bonus features on the last disc are pretty funny especially the french beverage ad for tru blood.

Watched Talk Radio on Netflix Instant. I think Oliver Stone could have been less ham-fisted, but the film was pretty unsettling (in a good way) toward the end. I had heard of this movie for years, but was only prompted to watch it when I realized it was based on Eric Bogosian's book. He's not the best actor, but he does well enough to suit his material. I'm reading his newest book, Perforated Heart, right now and am thinking it will be my favorite book of the year.

Guest drahtuos

eden log

it's a love it or hate it. i loved it. dark visually and aurally pleasing or irritating depending on your tastes french sci fi cave movie with mutants. recommended.

Guest drahtuos

gantz, the ending wasn't all that. but i guess it deviates from the manga at the very end and the manga actually keeps going, so i'm gonna read that one these days. really cool anime, awesome concept, lots of good sex and violence.