Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eriathomas

Anyone see Clash of the Titans? I downloaded the DVD when it leaked a few weeks ago, but have yet to watch it. I'm hoping that it'll be on the Zune store tomorrow in HD to rent.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eriathomas

Just watched Princess Mononoke, my first Ghibli film, and I loved it. I can't believe in all my years of watching anime I neglected this stuff for so long. Any recommendations on which film to check out next?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eriathomas

I just finished up Arrested Development on Netflix and loved it. Anyone have any recommendations for TV shows on netflix instant stream?

I just finished up Arrested Development on Netflix and loved it. Anyone have any recommendations for TV shows on netflix instant stream?

Brotherhood...Old Showtime show about two brothers in Providence, RI. One is a mobster, the other is a politician. I didn't think much of it at first, but really, really got into it eventually.

Guest eriathomas
Which Ghibli/Miyazaki film should I watch next? I just finished Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

I would say either Castle in the Sky or Howl's Moving Castle. I'm glad you are finally checking these out!

I know, I've only been watching anime for the better part of 10 years and I can't believe it's taken me this long to check them out.

I watched 30 Days of Night the other day, and thought it was a pretty fantastic movie.

Guest eriathomas

I just watched Ponyo on Netflix, which surprised me since I hate dubs, but I really liked it. The setting and feel of the movie were so positive and fantastic, and the dub was really well done.

Last night watched a horror film from the last 80s called The Church. Overall not a great movie, but had some decent special effects and creepy scenes. There's also a "devil rape" scene that is ripped off almost shot-for-shot from Rosemary's Baby.

The last 2 nights my roommate and I have been watching The State (the TV show that was on MTV) from the very beginning, we're about halfway through Season 2 right now. That show holds up so well, and only got better as it went on. Shame they only did 3 seaons (and the first season was only like 5 episodes)!

Guest eriathomas
Almost all of the dubs for the Miyazaki movies are well done. I'm a fan.

I was surprised how many A-list actors there were in each film's dub cast. I got Howl's Moving Castle from Netflix today, so I hopefully will get to watch it tomorrow. After that it's time for a little break from Miyazaki, and on to some Sathoshi Kon films, with Perfect Blue being the first on my list.