Recently Watched Thread

Guest eriathomas

I watched Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland last night. I didn't get to see it in theater's or 3-D, but I imagine it'd have been amazing with colors the movie uses. I enjoyed it quite a bit, just like I do most Burton films. It had a few things that were sort of odd, but for the most part it was good. I also pretty much had forgotten the way the story goes before seeing it, so I can't compare it to prior versions or the book.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw Bad Lieutenant starring the awful Nick Cage. i swear this movie was a comedy, much like his movie Wicker Man should have been. the man cant act imo. not anymore at least. my gf and i are the only ones i know that didnt like it. i just dont get it i guess. i laughed over and over when i'm not sure i was supposed to.

Speaking of Viggo, I watched The Road last night. Movie doesn't live up to the book, but it does do a damn good job of trying to. Amazing performances across the board, and some pretty stellar set design. It sparked some interesting moral debate about cannibalism at work this morning.

I'm going to see The Secret of Kells tonight for free. Stoked!

I had a relative recommend a movie called The Entity (1981) and I was pretty shocked by the awesome cinematography, and progression of the film. I felt that it was a very artsy film, and fucking awesome because a woman gets basically raped by a ghost more than a few times...they definitely tried to make it look authentic, especially when she's lying on bed and the ghost is feeling her tits

The DVD's pretty expensive on eBay...I got mine off ze Netflux!

Guest naytoid

Last movie I was was "World's Greatest Dad" with Robin Williams and written/directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, it was hilariously fucked up and I loved it.

Guest naytoid
Last movie I was was "World's Greatest Dad" with Robin Williams and written/directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, it was hilariously fucked up and I loved it.

This is on my cue. I hope its as good as everyone keeps saying.

If you're into movies with an awkward/dark humour, you should enjoy it.

Guest eriathomas

I started watching Cowboy Bebop again. I found a torrent with the new Japanese remastered DVDs, and it's looks awesome compared to the crappy DVDs we got. I'd seriously buy the series all over again for the remasters. The images are so much sharper, more colorful, and don't suffer from rainbow and halo effects.

Guest eriathomas

I watched "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" the other day. I loved it. It was sort of corny at times, but overall it was hilarious and well worth a watch. The part at the end with the wolf was so random and hilarious.

Speaking of Viggo, I watched The Road last night. Movie doesn't live up to the book, but it does do a damn good job of trying to. Amazing performances across the board, and some pretty stellar set design. It sparked some interesting moral debate about cannibalism at work this morning.

I'm going to see The Secret of Kells tonight for free. Stoked!

I've never gotten into a more intense debate about morality than in one of my last classes in undergrad at SU. The class was "Imperial Japan" and towards the end of the war, the Japanese army was a MESS and there was an absurd amount of atrocities going on as units tried to fight each other and survive by any means possible. It was CRAZY, and people in the class were being really open and honest about anything and everything that came up.

I have been using my Netflix a ton lately so I will start sharing.

Watched Rampage tonight. I have never seen any of Uwe Boll's other movies but before I watched this I read a lot of hating on the guy, so I was expecting something terrible. While it wasn't a knock out movie it certainly wasn't awful. Brendan Fletcher was perfect in his roll. Ending wasn't what I expected and the bingo hall scene was pretty funny. Overall not too bad.