Recently Watched Thread

I loved Moon. Sam Rockwell is the best!

I watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus yesterday. I liked it a lot. The way they worked the scenes Ledger didn't film was perfect. It seemed like the movie was always meant to have different actors in those parts.

Also watched Ong Bak 2 earlier in the week. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first. Too many weapons, not enough hand to hand fighting.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rifftrax. Thanks to Rifftrax I've finally seen Avatar, The Sixth Sense, Twilight 1&2, Harry Potter 1-3, Indiana Jones: the crappy new one, The Dark Knight, Terminator 3, and Transformers.

If you don't already know; Rifftrax are movie commentaries made by Mike Nelson and some of the other people behind MST3K. My favorite so far is probably Willie Wonka (the original) with guest commentator Neil Patrick Harris.

Guest eriathomas

I just watched a documentary on hacking called "Hackers Wanted". It was pretty good, first half was just misc. stuff and the second half followed Adrian Lamo around and when he turned himself in for the NY Times hack. It's worth a watch if you have any interest in computer security at all, but you'll need to download it since it was never officially released.

Loved Children of Men. Actually, that one scene that seems like one insane long take (almost 20 minutes all action) is two, but still, pretty amazing stuff. They talk about it in the extras, and you can tell because there is water on the lens and then magically half way through it is gone.

Now that, is awesome. I REALLY wish The Fountain soundtrack got pressed. I absolutely love it, but no dice.

i knowww. i would kill for that to be pressed! i've messaged CM on myspace about it before, but he didn't reply. he was probably just like "yeah, whatever" hahaha.

vega vinyl should make it happen

They actually tried not to use so much CGI for the film. All the characters are costumes, with their facial expressions being CGI. That's incredible.

I was expecting more from the film though considering the creative forces behind it.

Anyway, I watched "Bad Lieutenant" for a second time. I thoroughly enjoy that movie as it is one of the few acceptable Nicholas Cage movies. My friend hated and made jokes about it the whole time. That gets annoying.

I remember seeing the trailer for that and thinking that it was going to be super lame. Hmmm...

I watched the Frank Oz remake of Little Shop of Horrors a couple days ago. The plant animatronics or puppetry or whatever look sooooo good! The movie itself wasn't the best, but it was pretty good.

I watched Chinatown last night. Pretty decent. I think its a little over rated by many, but it was pretty good. The film work was very pretty, I will say that.

Also, bought Taken and No Country for Old Men last night on blu-ray. I've been meaning to pick them up for a while now, but I couldn't justify the price. Found them both on sale at Best Buy for under $15 a piece.