Where to get 10" Jackets / Inserts printed?

Dorado is the best. They are not actually "expensive", they are "normal". The cheap jackets that everyone uses come from Ross Ellis in Canada. A lot of US places broker through them too... There is some kind of Canadian government subsidizing going on for Canada. Otherwise, the Dorado / Stoughton prices would be the same-ish. That said, I use RE for most of my jackets. Dorado for some ancient stuff that they still have films for. Dorado rules, so I highly recommend them. Their jackets are slightly crisper than RE's. The packaging is a little tighter esthetically. But RE is very good. RE = no 10".

That said, I believe Stoughton can do 10" jackets too, but they are also in California and probably the same pricing, roughly (if I recall).

I believe Imprint can do 10" fold-overs, like a bigger version of a 7" cover.

Otherwise, it's palling around with the recession and shipping your $$ to the Czech.

thanks for the help guys, i've reached out to pirates press to quote on just taking the entire project off our hands.

local sucks, we've had jackets printed before and they are poor at best. emailed stoughton to get a quote.

the biggest set back we have is being in canada, there is NOTHING here and we have to ship, brokerage and customs so its costly. oh and our dollar falls in at like $.80 to yours... so our cost per unit is insane.

Icon brokers via Ross Ellis, though they may use others too.

Imprint prints most stuff in-house, but brokers LP jackets via Ross Ellis. They may also deal with Dorado, but I am not sure.

Both parties would be getting a better price than someone off the street, so they are able to offer a nice service at a reasonable price.

I use Imprint for many things, but go direct for many others. I hear good things about Icon as well.

I have heard that the Czech plant raised prices, what with the falling USD, and that they had massive delays. That crunch may have passed. Dunno.

I have a feeling that the USA plant that either Recordpressing or Pirates is hooked up with is Erika. I forget which was saying they pressed domestically now. Dunno. Both were brokering for GZ in the Czech previously.

Imprint prints most stuff in-house, but brokers LP jackets via Ross Ellis. They may also deal with Dorado, but I am not sure.

Both parties would be getting a better price than someone off the street, so they are able to offer a nice service at a reasonable price.

I use Imprint for many things, but go direct for many others. I hear good things about Icon as well.

I have heard that the Czech plant raised prices, what with the falling USD, and that they had massive delays. That crunch may have passed. Dunno.

I have a feeling that the USA plant that either Recordpressing or Pirates is hooked up with is Erika. I forget which was saying they pressed domestically now. Dunno. Both were brokering for GZ in the Czech previously.

recordpressing is using a plant in the USA now, I think Erika, but I am not sure.

Pirates is still using GZ and they are doing an amazing job with turnaround times. It is true the price has raised a bit, but the convenience and the reliability has made it worth every penny.

thanks for the help guys, i've reached out to pirates press to quote on just taking the entire project off our hands.

local sucks, we've had jackets printed before and they are poor at best. emailed stoughton to get a quote.

the biggest set back we have is being in canada, there is NOTHING here and we have to ship, brokerage and customs so its costly. oh and our dollar falls in at like $.80 to yours... so our cost per unit is insane.

what's the project?

city and colour - bring me your love 2xLP with booklet and demo cd.

attack in black - new 2xLP

moondog - first legit release of this.

moneen - TRYING to get some of the back catalogue

arkells - jackson square

and maybe some other walter stuff.. thats whats on the go. and trying to find and deal with multiple places for all these is a huge headache.

phew.

city and colour - bring me your love 2xLP with booklet and demo cd.

attack in black - new 2xLP

moondog - first legit release of this.

moneen - TRYING to get some of the back catalogue

arkells - jackson square

and maybe some other walter stuff.. thats whats on the go. and trying to find and deal with multiple places for all these is a huge headache.

phew.

Stoked. I picked up both their others LPs last weekend after quite a while of waiting for no real reason.

actually after all was said and done when doing a 10" (1000 records with vinyl pressed at erika 2 colors, dorado full color jackets & full color insert from imprint) i realized i could have done a 12" for close to half the cost.

still i am glad i did it, but all in all those things are expensive

actually after all was said and done when doing a 10" (1000 records with vinyl pressed at erika 2 colors, dorado full color jackets & full color insert from imprint) i realized i could have done a 12" for close to half the cost.

still i am glad i did it, but all in all those things are expensive

this is why i haven't put out a 10" record yet....

recordpressing is using a plant in the USA now, I think Erika, but I am not sure.

Pirates is still using GZ and they are doing an amazing job with turnaround times. It is true the price has raised a bit, but the convenience and the reliability has made it worth every penny.

yep recordpressing is now using erika and rainbo. i dont know why they're being so secretive about it.