HWM: Worst band name ever????

I love the name and the book even more BUKOWSKI IS GOD!!!!

Maybe the God of completely overrated writers.

I strongly disagree hes amazing but then again I can really relate to alot of the stuff he writes about and personally went through plus hes just funny as hell and all his writing is really base on his own experiences but then again thats just my opinion to each his own

Maybe the God of completely overrated writers.

I strongly disagree hes amazing but then again I can really relate to alot of the stuff he writes about and personally went through plus hes just funny as hell and all his writing is really base on his own experiences but then again thats just my opinion to each his own

Well in an effort of fairness and goodwill since you didn't just jump all over me, I haven't read much of his prose. His poetry is certainly overrated. He wrote like 4 different poems and then it seemed like he just changed the titles and maybe changed a word or two.

He would have a great line once in awhile but overall I just got tired of it all being the same.

Well in an effort of fairness and goodwill since you didn't just jump all over me, I haven't read much of his prose. His poetry is certainly overrated. He wrote like 4 different poems and then it seemed like he just changed the titles and maybe changed a word or two.

He would have a great line once in awhile but overall I just got tired of it all being the same.

it sounds like you've read very little of his poetry either. common themes, sure, but the way their written is different. Just because there are a series of poems from the point of view of a child for instance doesn't mean he's only writing thing so much as he's got a common theme running through those poems.

Also HWM is an emo band in the old school since of the word (ie Fugazi, Embrace, etc)

it sounds like you've read very little of his poetry either. common themes, sure, but the way their written is different. Just because there are a series of poems from the point of view of a child for instance doesn't mean he's only writing thing so much as he's got a common theme running through those poems.

Also HWM is an emo band in the old school since of the word (ie Fugazi, Embrace, etc)

I've certainly not read all of his poems, but I don't think several hundred pages qualifies as very little, it isn't like I read 10 poems. It seemed like they went as follows: I got drunk, fucked some bitch, I hate her, I threw her out, I took a shit and realized I missed her. And repeat.

edit/addition I know I'm in the minority and I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and I don't want to. I'm just glad people are reading and found something they like. Everyone has different tastes. I had just woken up and was cranky. Carry on.

I suppose they are. I feel better thinking maybe the people writing this actually knew what they were talking about and not what I assumed which was comparing them to all those craptastic bands that are now considered emo.

it is pretty easy to write an article saying that some of the best known bands in history (plus some lesser known bands to keep your cred) have good names while a selection of bands most of the masses have never heard of are bad names.

IMHO, standing alone, most band names are terrible....but once you start to associate music to the name, the whole picture comes aroud. i cant really think of any bands off the top of my head that i love but think, "my what a terrible name"

Yeah, I don't really understand why Christie Front Drive is a bad band name. And they make no mention of HWM being named after the book.

I wish I could make a living writing totally subjective, uneducated articles. Maybe I should submit my article on the 10 Worst Beatles Albums (+3 runners up)

Yeah, I don't really understand why Christie Front Drive is a bad band name. And they make no mention of HWM being named after the book.

I wish I could make a living writing totally subjective, uneducated articles. Maybe I should submit my article on the 10 Worst Beatles Albums (+3 runners up)

Most columnists are subjective writers... the key is to just write something interesting.

it is pretty easy to write an article saying that some of the best known bands in history (plus some lesser known bands to keep your cred) have good names while a selection of bands most of the masses have never heard of are bad names.

IMHO, standing alone, most band names are terrible....but once you start to associate music to the name, the whole picture comes aroud. i cant really think of any bands off the top of my head that i love but think, "my what a terrible name"

cheeseburger is a pretty fucking stupid and weak band name, but I love those guys so much