Quick - FFVI or FFVIII?

Six or Eight?

I am done with school for the semester. Sitting here half drunk deciding what I wanna do for the next couple hours.

I've played six before but never got far at all. Some mist cave.

Eight I got pretty far and I couldn't beat a certain boss. The one with Rinoa strapped to him.

Six is way better than eight, not to mention that eight is broken because if you spend some time early on in the game you can become insanely powerful for the remainder of the game.

In 8, the difficulty of the game changes according to your characters levels. So there is no grinding needed, you can just play straight through and it will be fine. It was pretty easy over all though, but it is my favorite FF story wise.

Six is way better than eight, not to mention that eight is broken because if you spend some time early on in the game you can become insanely powerful for the remainder of the game.

In 8, the difficulty of the game changes according to your characters levels. So there is no grinding needed, you can just play straight through and it will be fine. It was pretty easy over all though, but it is my favorite FF story wise.

Moves with you CHARACTER levels, right? I think the thing you can do (as someone mentioned above) has to do with cranking up your summoned beasts or something, while leaving your character level lower...

Dunno, I never really looked into it. I got mad playing 8 because I missed at least one summon because I didn't think some would have to be drawn out like magic (although I did like the draw system a lot...)

Moves with you CHARACTER levels, right? I think the thing you can do (as someone mentioned above) has to do with cranking up your summoned beasts or something, while leaving your character level lower...

Dunno, I never really looked into it. I got mad playing 8 because I missed at least one summon because I didn't think some would have to be drawn out like magic (although I did like the draw system a lot...)

I am weird so I never use summons in FF games, but I think I got most when I played it through. FF8 was the only FF game I did not go all out and grind everyone up to 100. I think everyone was in the 50's or 60's by just playing straight through and the end was still pretty easy if you have the right items. The final boss did take me like 5 tries though, since I did not know he had 4 forms and I used all my stuff up before the last when you really need it. Once you figure out his attack patterns he is one of the easiest FF bosses, it just takes about an hour to fight all 4 forms.

the fact that 6 had parts where yo ucould actually change the direction of the game makes it so far better. it was way before shitty cinematics took over game plots. Like with the floating island, where you can leave the ninja on the island and get him later, or not, depending on certain things you did. 6 is by far the best, then the one with theunderworld (FF2 US) and then the first one. THEN you can go to 7, and beyond.