Pearl Jam to Reissue Ten Four Different Ways

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/148093-pearl-jam-to-reissue-ten-four-different-ways

super awesome deluxe edition, probably super deluxe expensive.

while i do think the news of a rerelease of the entire disco on vinyl it sort of frustrates me as i spent a bit of money this year tracking these records down....looking at this release though im sure it'll be worth it to pick some of these up!

are any of you pearl jam fans?

Live at Benroya Hall is my White Whale...I remember trying to order it when it came out on dial-up and not being able to connect to the site. Went to work and when I came back it was gone, never to be had for less than $200 again.

i wonder if they will include that one in another deluxe set, or if they will do into the wild....

Legacy is the best. I would love to work for Legacy or Rhino; all they do is just put together these insanely elaborate and comprehensive reissue packages that retail for tons of money and probably only sell a few thousand units to hardcore collectors. Must be the best job ever.

This is up for preorder for tenclub memebers...I got mine in! $140 with free shipping, not as bad as I thought!

Check it out:

Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition Pre-Order

2 CDs, 1 DVD, 4 LPs, 1 Cassette Plus, Plus, Plus...

Pre-Orders randomly to be selected to be signed by PJ members

Free U.S. Shipping. $30 Canada/$50 International. To be shipped on or before March 24, 2009.

Pre-Orders must be purchased separately from other items.

Here's the pitchfork write-up, Juan:

Pearl Jam's Ten was the album that launched the band's career and, unfortunately, the careers of endless Pearl Jam imitators. But Eddie Vedder and co. will hearken back to a time before Nickelback by reissuing their 1991 debut in four different editions via Legacy Recordings on March 24.

The most basic of these Ten reissues is called the Legacy Edition. It features one CD with the original album remastered and another CD with the album both remastered and remixed by producer Brendan O'Brien. The second disc also includes six bonus tracks: "Brother", "Just a Girl", "State of Love and Trust", "Breath and a Scream", "2,000 Mile Blues", and "Evil Little Goat".

The Deluxe Edition has everything in the Legacy Edition but expands upon it by including a DVD featuring Pearl Jam's "MTV Unplugged" performance from 1992. The "Unplugged" show has never been commercially released before, and this DVD includes a performance of "Oceans" that was never aired.

Then there's the Vinyl Collection edition of the reissue, which is like the Legacy Edition without the bonus tracks and on vinyl: one LP with the original Ten remastered and one LP with Ten remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien.

Finally, there's the mother lode: the Super Deluxe Edition. This one collects everything in the Deluxe Edition and the Vinyl Collection but adds a couple very important things: a live set recorded at Seattle's Magnuson Park from September 20, 1992 called Drop in the Park on two vinyl LPs, and a replica of "Momma-Son", Pearl Jam's original demo cassette featuring "Alive", "Once", and "Footsteps". The package also includes a recreation of Vedder's composition notebook with replica notes, images, and other rare memorabilia.

All of these reissues feature re-designed artwork overseen by bassist Jeff Ament, who was also the art director for the original Ten artwork. The cover of the new version of Ten can be seen at the top of this story.

Even better news for Jam fans: These reissues are just the first releases in a two-year catalog reissue campaign leading up to Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary in 2011.

In other Pearl Jam news, the band is auctioning off an autographed guitar to benefit Red Feather Development Group, which constructs sustainable homes for Native Americans. The auction ends December 12.