My dad's record collection w/ pics (brag alert)

I finally got around to taking pictures of my dad's record collection. I've been fascinated with records and music since I've been born and this is why. No duplicate pictures, in fact I somehow forgot to take a picture of one of his album shelves. Please comment, ask questions, etc!

Here is the start of the singles. He has almost 20,000 of them. They're his pride and joy and the reason I'm fascinated with singles more than anything.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

These are what he considers the country singles. He split them out a few years ago for some reason.

[image]

More country singles and some of the duplicate LPs

[image]

Duplicate LPs he hasn't decided what to do with yet

[image]

Duplicate singles that haven't made their way to me yet

[image]

Empty picture sleeves and more duplicate LPs

[image]

These are all various artists LPs (i.e. compilations)

[image]

Standard A-Z LPs (this is where I missed a shelf)

[image]

Miscellaneous LPs,I forget what these are

[image]

2nd row is xmas albums, bottom row is box sets, I forget what the top row is. Maybe classical

[image]

And these records are all in process. He plays every single album he gets the whole way through before he files it.

[image]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. What kind of set up does he have?

Currently, it's very basic stuff. I keep toying with the idea of buying him some really nice equipment but I don't think he cares enough. He's not an audiophile. Oddly enough, he had killer stuff in the 70s and I inherited much of it at one point.

did your dad have to get a new home to use as storage?

that is fucking nuts and totally rad....all i got was a crate full of lps from my stepdad

It takes up a significant portion of the basement. Which everybody knows is the last place you keep anything collectible. But they've been down there for 35+ years without a hint of trouble, so he's extremely lucky. When he passes, I am screwed because I have the biggest basement ever, but I know it's too damp (or whatever) to keep anything in

does he still listen to a lot of them?

Absolutely. His collection is never idle, he is always doing things with it. For example, he went through every single and marked the sleeve with either a "+", "o" or "-" so he knows if he liked it, thought it was ok, or disliked it. For both the A and B sides. He also marked it with an F, M or S so he knows if it's fast, medium, or slow. He is always doing something with his records.

does he still listen to a lot of them?

Absolutely. His collection is never idle, he is always doing things with it. For example, he went through every single and marked the sleeve with either a "+", "o" or "-" so he knows if he liked it, thought it was ok, or disliked it. For both the A and B sides. He also marked it with an F, M or S so he knows if it's fast, medium, or slow. He is always doing something with his records.

nice!