best blink 182 album

i was disappointed they broke up after that album, because i wanted to see if they had more of that mature yet fun music in them. however, judging from angels and airwaves...they probably only had that one album in them, lol.

Yeah, A&A was a real disappointment for me too...at first listen I thought I liked it, it just felt really forced after that.

everything they did ran together as one gigantic song they wanted to sound epic but it was just....boring.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blink 182 seems to have taken over the vc boards....they're everywhere!!! But I don't mind, this was an adolescent fave of mine. I remember in like 7th grade when i popped in Cheshire Cat and my heart sunk to my shoes, I fuckin loved this, I haven't heard it in probably 10 years tho. But my vote goes to Cheshire, it was good but still raw, before they were overproduced.

Every album is perfect. The BCR record is perfect, i love that record so much

Perfect?

You really need to go out and buy Pet Sounds ASAP!

Pet Sounds is my favorite album i own (vinyl or otherwise). it changed my life when i was in 9th grade. and i got to see Brian Wilson perform the entire album live back in 2003, had front row balcony tix, unforgettable.

and BCR is far from perfect.

S/T : blink-182 :: New Wave : Against Me!

(except probably better....and i dont mean they both suck. this thread reminded me how much i loved the self titled. i just wish there was a bit more of Mark on the damn thing)

I can get on board with this. I'm not a huge fan of either, but they both are pretty good.

The self-titled album is hands down their best work. Blink finally turned into the band I wanted them to be, leaving the dick and fart jokes behind and focusing on making a great no-gimmicks pop punk record. Everything leading up to the self-titled album is complete garbage, except for TOYPAJ, which planted the seeds for Self-Titled.

ding!

ditto!