Thanks for all the kind Holiday Gifts (Beer)

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

[image]

As most of you know, Beer is one of our greatest passions, next to records of course. The way we see it, drinking a delicious beer (or a few) while listening to your favorite records, is one of the greatest ways to spend our time. A few of you were so kind as to send us beers. Steve Donahue from Delaware was so kind to send us 44 pounds of beer from his local brewery, Dogfish Head. Although Dogfish head are not the biggest brewery around, we at Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective were already well acquainted with their beers which are some of the strongest around. Their IPAs are some of the biggest IPAs being made and man are they delicious. Steve not only sent us IPAs, but he sent us their Punkin Ale, a Chicory/Coffee Stout, their Olde School, their Midas Touch (made with barley, honey, muscat grapes, and saffron) and a few others. Brandon and I were overwhelmed at all the great beer.

Coincidentally, our friends Eric and Aaron at I Heart U and Team Science also sent us a box of beer, this time from their local brewery, Saint Arnold (Austin, Texas). I was not as familiar with their beer, but I have yet to meet a microbrewer I don't like. Eric and Aaron are not even big beer drinkers, but they know the way to our heart. Thanks guys.

I took a few home last night and it made watching the Dark Knight somewhat bearable. Got to say that the movie was highly overrated.

Thanks for all the beer and other great gifts (home-made fudge, shirts, xmas cards). For those of you out there that ever thought, "Hey, I really love those guys and gals at Vinyl Collective and Suburban Home, what could I send them to show my appreciation for what they do?". Well, we love beer more than anything and if you live in a town with a great local brewery, we would love more than anything to get a few of their beers. We have actually been throwing around the idea of making a Suburban Home beer in 2009. Brandon has been dabbling in brewing his own beer and Josh has brewed beer for a few local breweries. How bad ass would that be?

Virgil,

I love Dogfish, but I would kill if we could get New Belgium's stuff on the East Coast. Every time I visit Colorado, I try to drink as many Fat Tires as possible.

I think fat tire is one of the worst beers at new belgium, but I love new belgium. 1554, abbey, and tripel are my faves. Also in colorado, we have osker blues (dales pale ale, old chub, gordon, and ten fidy), and Odells (90 schilling, 5 barrel, and a kick ass ipa).

glad there are so many beer enthusiasts on the board.

Virgil,

I love Dogfish, but I would kill if we could get New Belgium's stuff on the East Coast. Every time I visit Colorado, I try to drink as many Fat Tires as possible.

I think fat tire is one of the worst beers at new belgium, but I love new belgium. 1554, abbey, and tripel are my faves. Also in colorado, we have osker blues (dales pale ale, old chub, gordon, and ten fidy), and Odells (90 schilling, 5 barrel, and a kick ass ipa).

glad there are so many beer enthusiasts on the board.

You just made me cry!! I love Fat Tire!! I do think 1554 is a little better though. I have a 1/6th barrel in the fridge right now.