Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour ?????

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think rock band has a better set list. all i can say is i'm pretty sure rockband 2 addressed almost all the issues rock band 1 had (ie fucking shitty ass plastic bass pedal)

and as far as i understand it as well you should be able to just rent rock band and import the songs (its like 800 points or something but its certainly a steal to do rather than buy the game)

i know the rock band 2 drum kit has three plug ins on the back of it that i'm pretty sure are for symbols. symbols would have to be bought separately ( i dunno if they're available yet or not)

You definitely can. Just put the Rock Band 1 disc in and it's in the options menu somewhere. You just store everyone on your hard drive. Not sure if everything has to be unlocked or if you just get everything all at once. I still need to borrow somebody's copy of RB1 to do this. But yeah, it's a $5 "fuck you" fee. Haha, still, shitloads of extra tracks for 5 bucks is awesome.

I've downloaded 3 albums already (Foo Fighters, No Doubt, Motley Crue) and I'm sure I'm gonna get RHCP eventually. Plus the Nirvana track pack, the good Weezer songs, and a few others. It sure is a fucking racket. Ends up being like $2 per song individually, a little less if purchased as an album. I am pretty sure that EVERY song can be downloaded individually though, not sure which ones are in packs only.

I bought the cymbal add-on pack for RB2. It's awesome and makes it way more fun. The cymbals just plug into the back of the kit. You can add up to 3 and when you add them, the cymbals make cymbal noises when you hit them and the drums, even though they're the same color, make tom noises. Pretty sweet.

The bass drum pedal for RB2 is TOO tough now though. You really gotta stomp that motherfucker. My downstairs neighbors hate it, but fuck them, they've been doing construction on their bathroom for FIVE MONTHS already, not to mention their dog that howled all day for the first year and a half they lived here.

The only songs you can't import are Enter Sandman, a bad cover version of a Black Sabbath song and one more I can't recall. Still, $5 for a shitload more songs is worth it.

Also, if you go to register.rockband.com you can get a thing to DL 20 more songs, all from bands I've never heard of except Underoath, who suck. You just need to use the DL code on the back of the RB2 owner manual. I DLd them last night but haven't played them yet.

The only songs you can't import are Enter Sandman, a bad cover version of a Black Sabbath song and one more I can't recall. Still, $5 for a shitload more songs is worth it.

Also, if you go to register.rockband.com you can get a thing to DL 20 more songs, all from bands I've never heard of except Underoath, who suck. You just need to use the DL code on the back of the RB2 owner manual. I DLd them last night but haven't played them yet.

yah i got the code haven't downloaded the free 20 yet. they're extremely obscure bands though. i guess one of the guys who works on rock band has a band and one of his bands songs is on there, etc.

enter sandman you can't get and tom soyer (spelling?) not sure what else. but i remember being super annoyed when i saw the songs that you don't get. since i own rock band 1 already i don't see the point. changing discs is relatively painless.

I'm gonna have to go against the grain and say that after playing both, I totally think GHWT is the better game. I really dislike the RB2 setlist though so maybe thats just me. I find the drums in RB2 to be a bitch, the kick pedal like mentioned previously is too tough now. RB2 doesn't seem like a new game to me at all, whereas GHWT is a huge step up from GH3.

I ended up going with Guitar Hero World Tour for starters, as the band pack was $20 less, and the setlist interested me more. Once I thoroughly "beat" this game, I'll rent RB1 and buy RB2.

BOO!

Your Guitar Hero drums are going to give you a headache playing Rock Band. The DLC for RB makes the tracklist a million times better.

I ended up going with Guitar Hero World Tour for starters, as the band pack was $20 less, and the setlist interested me more. Once I thoroughly "beat" this game, I'll rent RB1 and buy RB2.

BOO!

Your Guitar Hero drums are going to give you a headache playing Rock Band. The DLC for RB makes the tracklist a million times better.

I don't ever plan on paying for DLC. I'm still getting Rock Band, just not immediately. Being $30 cheaper helped my decision as well.

So, in the new Guitar Hero you can actually construct songs right? Are people going in and creating popular songs? Example, if I figured out the notes/chords/whatever, could I make a playable version of say, "'97" by Alkaline Trio?

Activision will delete them.

The thing sucks anyways, no one uses it.

the thing i like about guitar hero is that all of the songs are originals, but with rock band there are a bunch that are just covers. instead of saying performed by NOFX, it says made famous by NOFX

Your information is 100% incorrect.

Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band 1 were released around the same time, both features a fair bit of "As performed by..."

Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour were released around the same time and both ONLY have originals.*

* There are some older DLC songs with Rock Band 2 that are "As performed by..." but since late in Rock Band 1's life, all songs have been the originals.

the thing i like about guitar hero is that all of the songs are originals, but with rock band there are a bunch that are just covers. instead of saying performed by NOFX, it says made famous by NOFX

the majority of the songs on GH1,2&3 were "made famous by ..." instead of originals. that's why i love rock band so much more. the greater majority of the songs are the originals with only a couple of "covers". i've only played GHWT for about 30 minutes but i would definately say rock band is the better game.

as mentioned earlier GHWT feels really kiddish. and i really like the soloing buttons on the RB guitar.

So, in the new Guitar Hero you can actually construct songs right? Are people going in and creating popular songs? Example, if I figured out the notes/chords/whatever, could I make a playable version of say, "'97" by Alkaline Trio?

Activision will delete them.

The thing sucks anyways, no one uses it.

Damn, I was going to be so pumped. How do they know?

BOO!

I don't ever plan on paying for DLC. I'm still getting Rock Band, just not immediately. Being $30 cheaper helped my decision as well.

It's not that big of a deal. My friend did exactly what you did because he liked GH instruments better and it's not that difficult at all to play the GH drums with RB2.

I have better things to waste my money on than more songs for the game. I don't need an entire No Doubt album, or a dozen Metallica songs. If there was a way to add my own music, then maybe I'd pay a little, but I have little interest in the available DLC for free, let alone at a cost.