impulse buy

About a week or so ago I posted about how I took a chance on a gallows cd and hated it(I gave it a few more spins since then...nothing...still don't dig it) and how I'm very rarely excited for new music these days.

Well...I'm starting to break my hot water music boycott(not for any reason other than I am afraid I will like them...and that will cost me money I don't have to hunt down their discog.) I was in a record store today and saw right in front all 3 draft 7".

I thought it was a sign...since I've heard numerous good things here I ponied up 11$ and came home to listen to them.

Aside from some amazingly funny stuff written on the inside of the record...the music blew me away.

Nanana is an amazing song...good lord.

I'm very impressed and am going to pick up the full length next...and maybe...just maybe go broke and try hwm....but to be honest...that's a can of worms I really shouldn't open anytime soon(or my checking account will suffer).

About a week or so ago I posted about how I took a chance on a gallows cd and hated it(I gave it a few more spins since then...nothing...still don't dig it) and how I'm very rarely excited for new music these days.

Well...I'm starting to break my hot water music boycott(not for any reason other than I am afraid I will like them...and that will cost me money I don't have to hunt down their discog.) I was in a record store today and saw right in front all 3 draft 7".

I thought it was a sign...since I've heard numerous good things here I ponied up 11$ and came home to listen to them.

Aside from some amazingly funny stuff written on the inside of the record...the music blew me away.

Nanana is an amazing song...good lord.

I'm very impressed and am going to pick up the full length next...and maybe...just maybe go broke and try hwm....but to be honest...that's a can of worms I really shouldn't open anytime soon(or my checking account will suffer).

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Perhaps it isn't necessary to collect every variant of a record? Blasphemy, I know.

I'd -1 myself if I could.

Even if you didn't want every variant it can still get pretty expensive collecting one of every record. They have nearly a dozen releases on LP format and even more 7"s, some of which are long OOP.

Trying to collect every variant is a fool's errand and will only drive one insane. Believe me, I tried and gave up when I owned over 100 HWM records and still had about 50 variants to go (not counting tests and comps). This was BEFORE No Idea started repressing stuff in a bunch of new colors.

Perhaps it isn't necessary to collect every variant of a record? Blasphemy, I know.

I'd -1 myself if I could.

Even if you didn't want every variant it can still get pretty expensive collecting one of every record. They have nearly a dozen releases on LP format and even more 7"s, some of which are long OOP.

Trying to collect every variant is a fool's errand and will only drive one insane. Believe me, I tried and gave up when I owned over 100 HWM records and still had about 50 variants to go (not counting tests and comps). This was BEFORE No Idea started repressing stuff in a bunch of new colors.

They seriously have that many pressings? That's worse than trying to collect J Church or Less Than Jake

If you liked the 7"s, you'll love the LP -- I think the songs on the 7"s are pretty weak, frankly.

Man if that's the case I'm stoked

the lp songs blow them all away. go buy it. now.