Holla if you don't drink . . .

There's a bunch of logical reasons not to eat hamburgers.

1. Hamburgers taste bad. A lot of people will say "_insert burger type here_ tastes great!" Bullshit. It's an acquired taste and if you didn't have eating hamburgers as the societal norm, you wouldn't bother with it.

2. Hamburgers kill brain cells. I forget shit all the time, I need all I have and could probably use a few more.

3. Opens yourself up to becoming a hamburgerholic. Fuck that shit.

4. Hamburgers lessen your ability to think clearly and make good decisions. Most people who beat their wives and children do so under the influence of hamburgers. Most of the horrific car accidents are caused by drivers eating hamburgers.

There really isn't anything good that comes from eating hamburgers. And before you start in with those studies about the health benefits of moderate hamburger eating, give me break. It's a well known fact that they are overblown and most researchers will tell you can get the same, if not better, benefits from non-hamburger means.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hamburgers taste bad. A lot of people will say "_insert burger type here_ tastes great!" Bullshit. It's an acquired taste and if you didn't have eating hamburgers as the societal norm, you wouldn't bother with it.

2. Hamburgers kill brain cells. I forget shit all the time, I need all I have and could probably use a few more.

3. Opens yourself up to becoming an hamburgerholic. Fuck that shit.

4. Hamburgers lessen your ability to think clearly and make good decisions. Most people who beat their wives and children do so under the influence of hamburgers. Most of the horrific car accidents are caused by drivers eating hamburgers.

There really isn't anything good that comes from eating hamburgers. And before you start in with those studies about the health benefits of moderate hamburger eating, give me break. It's a well known fact that they are overblown and most researchers will tell you can get the same, if not better, benefits from non-hamburger means.

Holy shit hickey, that was amazing +1

3. Opens yourself up to becoming a hamburgerholic. Fuck that shit.

Actually, the funny thing is.. i actually took a claim from a person who rearended someone as he was reaching into his bag to grab a Wendy's Hamburger... But then again, it could have easlly been avoided if the driver was from another state.. because TX drivers suck!!!

oh, now i'm hungry for a hamburger... or at least a roast beef sandwich from ARBYS... mmmm

There's a bunch of logical reasons not to suck penises.

1. Penises taste bad. A lot of people will say "_insert penis type here_ tastes great!" Bullshit. It's an acquired taste and if you didn't have sucking penises as the societal norm, you wouldn't bother with it.

2. Penises kill brain cells. I forget shit all the time, I need all I have and could probably use a few more.

3. Opens yourself up to becoming a penisholic. Fuck that shit.

4. Penises lessen your ability to think clearly and make good decisions. Most people who beat their wives and children do so under the influence of Penises. Most of the horrific car accidents are caused by drivers sucking penises.

There really isn't anything good that comes from sucking penises. And before you start in with those studies about the health benefits of moderate penis sucking, give me break. It's a well known fact that they are overblown and most researchers will tell you can get the same, if not better, benefits from non-penile means.

Know who else thought this way...?

THIS GUY:

[image]

Are you Hitler?

lol i'm pretty sure hitler was concerned more with exterminating entire groups of people rather than potentially doing or saying embarrassing things in front of people while inebriated.

but ya never knoooooow!

Actually, a key character trait of Hitler is that he woke up drunk in a gutter one time, absolutely HATED the fact that he lost control of himself, and swore of alcohol and drugs right there.

I'm not making things up, I'm a history nerd, was a history major, and am trying to be a history teacher.

lol i'm pretty sure hitler was concerned more with exterminating entire groups of people rather than potentially doing or saying embarrassing things in front of people while inebriated.

but ya never knoooooow!

Actually, a key character trait of Hitler is that he woke up drunk in a gutter one time, absolutely HATED the fact that he lost control of himself, and swore of alcohol and drugs right there.

I'm not making things up, I'm a history nerd, was a history major, and am trying to be a history teacher.

huh. good to know! lol

i shoulda asked my dad about that; he was a history major too!

when people give me a hard time about not drinking i just say it's cuz i'm saving up all the alcohol for them and they can have my share. same goes for me not eating red meat. usually works like a charm to stop an argument/unnecessary waste of my time with them trying to get me to drink.

when people give me a hard time about not drinking i just say it's cuz i'm saving up all the alcohol for them and they can have my share. same goes for me not eating red meat. usually works like a charm to stop an argument/unnecessary waste of my time with them trying to get me to drink.

see i never understood why people make it a point to actually try to get their friends drunk.. i can totally understand someone not wanting to drink, just because.. well the easiest explanation would be "because i don't want to" and that should be good enough...

my closest friends are all non-drinkers and i would never try to egg them on to drink... as it's just like anything else.. like dancing or what not... if you don't want too you shouldn't be forced to do so...

see i never understood why people make it a point to actually try to get their friends drunk.. i can totally understand someone not wanting to drink, just because.. well the easiest explanation would be "because i don't want to" and that should be good enough...

my closest friends are all non-drinkers and i would never try to egg them on to drink... as it's just like anything else.. like dancing or what not... if you don't want too you shouldn't be forced to do so...

oddly enough, my friends from high school never try to get me to drink really. in fact, none of them drank in high school, but as they all started drinking in college, they'd all 'confess' to me like i'd think less of them lol.

i've had the most problem, surprisingly, with the ladies at work that could be my mom's age. i get shit from them about the not drinking AND the not eating red meat.

It was the tone of your response, I guess. If those are your personal reasons for not drinking, that's cool. I'm really not going to argue about it, since nothing you say will make me not have a beer, and nothing I say will make you have one...kind of silly to argue if there's no real outcome.

I didn't intend it to have any tone. I'm sorry if you took it as a condemnation.

I merely gave reasons why people would chose not to drink and you people are jumping down my throat about it.

It's so ironic to me that I have never given anyone shit in my entire life for drinking other than my father and I have gotten endless amounts of shit from peers because I chose not to. You are the same type of hypocrites who claim that "straight edge people are judgmental dicks!" meanwhile calling me a "fag" for not drinking.

I merely gave reasons why people would chose not to drink and you people are jumping down my throat about it.

It's so ironic to me that I have never given anyone shit in my entire life for drinking other than my father and I have gotten endless amounts of shit from peers because I chose not to. You are the same type of hypocrites who claim that "straight edge people are judgmental dicks!" meanwhile calling me a "fag" for not drinking.

I would never chide anyone for not drinking. It's a personal choice. And I never would use the word "fag" to describe someone who doesn't drink (or anyone for that matter. It's a pretty awful word to use). I actually have a great amount of respect for people who decide not to drink. I just don't like short-sighted responses that lump everyone who does drink into one bucket. That comes across as judgmental, despite intent. Granted, the Internet isn't he best forum for such debates, because typing doesn't caputre any actual emotion.

I would never chide anyone for not drinking. It's a personal choice. And I never would use the word "fag" to describe someone who doesn't drink (or anyone for that matter. It's a pretty awful word to use). I actually have a great amount of respect for people who decide not to drink. I just don't like short-sighted responses that lump everyone who does drink into one bucket. That comes across as judgmental, despite intent. Granted, the Internet isn't he best forum for such debates, because typing doesn't caputre any actual emotion.

Ditto for me.

Actually, I was making generalities about non-drinkers and the reasons they may have for not drink, not people who drink. Still, I don't see where I "lumped" anyone into anything.

I guess what you are saying is that you don't believe that there are people who dislike the taste of alcohol, that it has any affect on the human brain, that anyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic, and that alcohol increases car accidents or violent crime. Really?

Actually, I was making generalities about non-drinkers and the reasons they may have for not drink, not people who drink. Still, I don't see where I "lumped" anyone into anything.

I guess what you are saying is that you don't believe that there are people who dislike the taste of alcohol, that it has any affect on the human brain, that anyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic, and that alcohol increases car accidents or violent crime. Really?

I extended a fucking olive branch here and you're going to keep this going? Lame. Sounds like you need a drink.

I never said there aren't people who dislike the taste of alcohol, but I disagree with your reasoning behind why some people like the taste.

Alcohol, when consumed in moderation, does not have a lasting negative affect on the human brain (it may have an immediate affect, but that is eventually repaired). Show me one piece of scientific evidence to that fact and I'll gladly take a look.

Yes, there are people that become alcoholics. I've never disputed that. But not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic. Most of the time, people who become alcoholics have deeper issues to begin with. If you don't drink simply out of fear of becoming an alcoholic, you should get in front of a shrink now, becuase something else is going on in that head of yours.

I would suspect that the link between alcohol and violent crime is miniscule...since most innebriated people don't really have the capacity to rob someone or plan a murder. If you're going to make that generalization, I'm going to say that being straight edge leads to violent crime as well...FSU anyone? Same can go for music...remeber the Marilyn Manson/Colubmine stuff?

As for car crashes, a small number of crashes are drunk-driving related. More crashes are caused by being tired or just general negligence. I hope you never get tired or try to put a CD into your car stereo while you are driving, because you have more of a chance of crashing that way. Not everyone who drinks drives when they drink.

That is all I'm saying. I tried playing nice, and you keep this train rolling. Let it die, dude.

I extended a fucking olive branch here and you're going to keep this going? Lame. Sounds like you need a drink.

I never said there aren't people who dislike the taste of alcohol, but I disagree with your reasoning behind why some people like the taste.

Alcohol, when consumed in moderation, does not have a lasting negative affect on the human brain (it may have an immediate affect, but that is eventually repaired). Show me one piece of scientific evidence to that fact and I'll gladly take a look.

Yes, there are people that become alcoholics. I've never disputed that. But not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic. Most of the time, people who become alcoholics have deeper issues to begin with. If you don't drink simply out of fear of becoming an alcoholic, you should get in front of a shrink now, becuase something else is going on in that head of yours.

I would suspect that the link between alcohol and violent crime is miniscule...since most innebriated people don't really have the capacity to rob someone or plan a murder. If you're going to make that generalization, I'm going to say that being straight edge leads to violent crime as well...FSU anyone? Same can go for music...remeber the Marilyn Manson/Colubmine stuff?

As for car crashes, a small number of crashes are drunk-driving related. More crashes are caused by being tired or just general negligence. I hope you never get tired or try to put a CD into your car stereo while you are driving, because you have more of a chance of crashing that way. Not everyone who drinks drives when they drink.

That is all I'm saying. I tried playing nice, and you keep this train rolling. Let it die, dude.

What was this supposed "olive branch"? That you wouldn't call me a "fag" for not drinking? Thanks, buddy.

The taste thing is clearly opinion, but if people really drank alcoholic beverages for the taste, why not just drink straight alcohol? Yum!

The NIAAA (the National Institue on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, which is a government agency) has found that "even mild-to-moderate drinking can adversely affect cognitive functioning (i.e., mental activities that involve acquiring, storing, retrieving, and using information)."

35% of violent crime is perpetrated by people under the influence of alcohol. Minuscule? Less than 10% I'd give you as minuscule... 35%? That's pretty high.

Likewise a 2006 study found drunk driving to be responsible for 32% of all traffic accident fatalities. Again, I wouldn't call that a "small number".

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I would like again to point out that I never said nor even implied that anyone who drinks is a violent, drunk driving, mentally imparted lemming. I was just pointing out reasons why people would chose not to drink. If you can't wrap your head around that, maybe you do have some cognitive issues.