VC Vegetarians / Vegans?

Guest kylewilliam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was one for about 2 years or so...but i gave that up. love buffalo wings

FUCK YES PLANET WINGS FOR LIFE!!!!

I was also Vegetarian for a couple years basically because my mom is and it was not hard for me to eat healthy that way once I went to college I stoped and have not gone back to it since. I do really like meat though but shit did I feel alot better when I was not eating it (and I was about 20lbs lighter)

I was thinking about trying out the vegetarian thing. Actually, I want to try out the healthiest thing, whatever that would be.

Well there's no "healthiest" thing per say. I have reaped a plethora of health benefits from vegetarianism, but if you aren't careful it can be incredibly unhealthy. You can suffer from serious malnutrition if you don't make sure you get enough protein or iron or B12. Do a little homework and decide what would be best for you.

I don't care if it's vegetarian diet or not (actually I cannot see myself not eating meat), I just want to find a diet that covers everything a human body needs with as little extra unhealthy shit as possible. The best thing would be to find planned out meals covering an entire week or so, but I haven't found any good sources yet. Any ideas?

Vegetarian for 12 years, vegan for I want to say 6 or 7 years now.

I'm also almost completely off high fructose corn syrup(I will have it occasionally but I avoid buying any product that has it) and my soy intake is extremely limited(WHEAT GLUTEN IN THE HOUSE).

I also don't use leather or suede or other animal products with the exception of my baseball gloves. They just don't make non-leather gloves that work. And I guess non-leather baseballs also suck. But I wear vegan spikes and use vegan batting gloves.

vegetarian for 7 1/2 years now vegan for 1 1/2

I have to say that if you care about what you eat and are not a junk food veg you can be the healthiest you have ever been. I am 38 weeks pregnant now and most woman need to take iron and B12 supplements when they are pregnant around the end of the 3rd trimester because your body needs so much more than normal due to blood production. This is most all woman who need to take them even those that eat red meat. My doctor has been testing my iron and B12 for the last 2 months anticipating I was going to need extra help in this department due to being a vegan and I have not even come close to being low. I watch what I eat and make sure my diet is balanced and have never felt better. If you eat a variety of "colors" in your diet and make sure to get protein from any source you wont even need daily vitamins.

• 4 years later...

Thoughts on native foods? I could probably eat there every day.

i honestly could too. fuckin' love that shit, man. i wish there was one closer to me than 25 minutes away up here.

also really into cafe yumm. stupid fucking name, great food. hope they open some franchises in california for when i go home. 

I only hate vegans when they do that holier than thou BS. Don't give me shit for eating meat, cuz its delicious. 

Agreed.  Underoath may be Christians, but they love their meat. 

Underoath+U+N+D+E+R+O+A+T+H.png

"May 2010" cadencias - "homework, just shut the fuck up. also, christians should be vegetarians, animals are also God's creatures."

Source