sparta question

Quick question. We have been reluctant to mention pre-orders here and just hope another forum member notices them. Would you all like me to post things that may be of interest? I'd prefer not to spam. This forum has been good to us and I want to find the line between making sure people know what's coming out vs. being spammy. What does everybody think?

We do it constantly. Maybe start a BM preorder thread and notify relevant threads (i.e. the Official Ty Segal thread) in the event something would interest that thread. Most likely if you just put it in a BM Preorder thread, other people will share it. There are 2-3 Modest Mouse threads right now for specific releases/ represses, but all of those are being discussed in each one...for example.

It's definitely the time of the year for pre-orders. No, unfortunately, we haven't heard anything since we were told the Bjork reissues were on their way here. I think MOMA gets first shot at them and then indie stores get whatever they don't need. There is supposed to be a second pressing after that. 

Early preorders are a big help. They let us know how many to order and makes it a lot more likely we can get enough for people who didn't preorder. That's how we end up with extra copies of things like the clear Sufjan Stevens that will be released Tuesday.

Quick question. We have been reluctant to mention pre-orders here and just hope another forum member notices them. Would you all like me to post things that may be of interest? I'd prefer not to spam. This forum has been good to us and I want to find the line between making sure people know what's coming out vs. being spammy. What does everybody think?

The only members who were web store representatives that got flack for doing what you're proposing were the ones who straight up lied and pretended to be the only source to get certain MOV exclusive colors and adding a hefty price tag and one who offered awesome prices and got straight up banned for juxtaposing their awesome price with SRC's comparatively high price with a pretty good amount of insolence included in their later posts.

The members (outside of SRC management) chastised the former and they've hardly been back. The latter was chastised by SRC management (and banned as I previously mentioned) but loved by the non-staff members for the their awesome prices. The latter is also no longer in business RIP :(

I'm not naming any names on purpose.

Bullmoose is a shop that the community here loves and I think we would all welcome a regularly updated thread.

That would be fabulous. :)  If available, Bullmoose is my go-to for all pre-orders (ironically, I just received notification from you about the clear Sufjan).

I for one would greatly appreciate you posting preorders here. I'd much rather order from you guys than most other places. I doubt many here would consider it spam as you guys are pretty well liked around here (& justifiably so).

Thank you!

You all have good prices, so I see no issue with you making a thread and keeping us updated.  I have seen people freak out a little when preorders go up before a record has even been officially announced (ie SRC putting up the most recent Tigers Jaw record really early).

Good point. I'll be careful not to talk about things before we are supposed to. 

We do it constantly. Maybe start a BM preorder thread and notify relevant threads (i.e. the Official Ty Segal thread) in the event something would interest that thread. Most likely if you just put it in a BM Preorder thread, other people will share it. There are 2-3 Modest Mouse threads right now for specific releases/ represses, but all of those are being discussed in each one...for example.

That sounds good. Do you think I should start the thread or would it look better if somebody else did?

The only members who were web store representatives that got flack for doing what you're proposing were the ones who straight up lied and pretended to be the only source to get certain MOV exclusive colors and adding a hefty price tag and one who offered awesome prices and got straight up banned for juxtaposing their awesome price with SRC's comparatively high price with a pretty good amount of insolence included in their later posts.

The members (outside of SRC management) chastised the former and they've hardly been back. The latter was chastised by SRC management (and banned as I previously mentioned) but loved by the non-staff members for the their awesome prices. The latter is also no longer in business RIP :(

I'm not naming any names on purpose.

Bullmoose is a shop that the community here loves and I think we would all welcome a regularly updated thread.

Thanks for the advice there. I will make sure to respect our hosts, SRC. 

That would be fabulous. :)  If available, Bullmoose is my go-to for all pre-orders (ironically, I just received notification from you about the clear Sufjan).

Nice! Thanks!

That sounds good. Do you think I should start the thread or would it look better if somebody else did?

Go for it! I mean, if your worried about it, I have no problem making it, but if you do you have total thread control (i.e. you can change the title to the current PO, sale, or whatever the case may be). As judgemental as this place can be (see my signature), I don't think anyone will care if you guys have your own thread.

ill-allow-it.jpg

Go for it! I mean, if your worried about it, I have no problem making it, but if you do you have total thread control (i.e. you can change the title to the current PO, sale, or whatever the case may be). As judgemental as this place can be (see my signature), I don't think anyone will care if you guys have your own thread.

ill-allow-it.jpg

Sounds good. I'll start a thread the next time we have something exciting to announce. Thanks for the advice.

Chris

I would check to see if there is a thread first and if not then start a new one.

I prefer this to a catch all "bull moose" pre-order thread. I tend to ignore those and just scan the PO topics for those of interest.

Thank you BM. I've really been enjoying the pink/blue swirly Lightning Bolt LP you guys sent me last week.