Dan's Relationship Advice Thread

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smccown13
Why must I always find SOMETHING wrong with a girl that I might have a chance with? Am I sabotaging myself or am I just picky?

i do this as a way to justify not asking her out which completes my self-fulfilling prophecy that i will forever be a dateless loser!

I can't get it through my friend's head that music taste is the deal maker or breaker. They just think i'm afraid of commitment....and vagina.

Why must I always find SOMETHING wrong with a girl that I might have a chance with? Am I sabotaging myself or am I just picky?

give me an example of something "wrong" you found in a girl.

is it something petty like "i don't think her eyebrows are even"? or is it something substantial like "i heard she might have chlamydia"?

Guest smccown13

Either I hate her taste in music, she's too dumb for me, annoying laugh, lemming-like way of life. I'm starting to have the feeling that I'm shallow, but those things are pretty important.

Ok I'll throw something your way for shits and giggles.

So I'm pretty into one of my roommates (I live with 4 girls). Went to high school with them all. I had already liked this girl in high school I just was never that close to her or anything. We got along pretty damn good when we all moved into the house. Watched movies together and stuff. I'd say we were pretty close, the problem is she's one of those girls that just befriends everyone (especially guys) and she's just a really cool person so she has a lot of guys into her. I was thinking of asking her out then one of my friends from high school (also the same grade as us) asked her out and she shut him down. So I kind of layed back on the plans to ask her out or anything. I also justified this because lets be honest, asking a room mate out is a pretty fucked situation. I flirted with her a lot , etc. and it went relatively well, but I never really thought she would say yes if I asked her out. I guess in the end the question is how the fuck do you go about picking up a roommate?

The situation right now is she's pretty much (not actually but pretty much) dating someone else so I dunno I guess i sat on it too long although i don't really think doing anything about it would've changed much.

So I'm pretty into one of my roommates (I live with 4 girls).

didn't even read past this. don't do it. it's a horrible idea.

trust me. been there, done that. it will not work. it might be nice for 2 weeks because it's so convenient. but (and ESPECIALLY if you live with 3 other girls) in the long run it will be the worst thing ever.

So I'm pretty into one of my roommates (I live with 4 girls).

trust me. been there, done that. it will not work. it might be nice for 2 weeks because it's so convenient. but (and ESPECIALLY if you live with 3 other girls) in the long run it will be the worst thing ever.

Sorry Dan, I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

I did this but the opposite. I lived with 4 guys from high school. Bring a chick over, if the girl you likes get super jealous or acts weird or bitchy to her then you're in. If shes totally cool with it then move on. But if it does work out it creates super drama. I dated one of my roommates and it was a constant us vs. them situation. Plus whenever you get it on you will constantly hear giggling or people trying to unlock your door to throw shit at you.

And how the H do you tolerate living with 4 girls?

Sorry Dan, I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

I did this but the opposite. I lived with 4 guys from high school. Bring a chick over, if the girl you likes get super jealous or acts weird or bitchy to her then you're in. If shes totally cool with it then move on. But if it does work out it creates super drama. I dated one of my roommates and it was a constant us vs. them situation. Plus whenever you get it on you will constantly hear giggling or people trying to unlock your door to throw shit at you.

And how the H do you tolerate living with 4 girls?

you're not stealing my thunder because (unless i'm reading this wrong) you're totally agreeing with me, right?

okay, so let me get this straight...

seems that most guys don't really like girls that much (as people, not sexually). and most GIRLS don't really like girls that much.

what good are most girls then?

I've lived with girlfriends twice and they were better roommates than any guy I've lived with. Most guys are slobs. As girlfriends they pretty much sucked, but they knew how to clean up after themselves.