Plane Crashes into house in Buffalo

i love how this was the front page story of the NY post, but the first article in the paper was about britney spears, then 4 pages later they ahd the article, which was smaller than the britney one.

Well, keep in mind the crash was very late-breaking news, and not a lot of details had come out even by 1am EST, so there probably wasn't enough to go on to really make it a front-page story outside of tagging it.

Guest genericinsight

This is terrible. I just texted my friend in Buffalo. He said he's fine and thankfully nobody he knows was affected, but also said everyone's kind of freaking out on his street too. I can relate so well... I live 15 minutes from JFK airport in NY so my house is in the direct flight path... hundreds of planes fly over here PER DAY. It's so scary.

It hit a house dead on in Clarence, two towns over from me, and one town over from where I student teach now. The families of the victims were actually housed right by the school I'm at.

What a fluke disaster. One of the volly fire crews in my town's haz-mat crew was called to respond and have been on the news a bunch (those "Brighton" jackets, if you catch them). The pictures are so dramatic, what a terrible crash.

Actually, my volly-firefighter brother is listening to the recording of the call right now on the other computer. It's crazy, as the calls go out to the firemen, you can hear tons of phones ringing in the background.

A teacher at my school lost her daughter and the daughter's fiance in the crash, the elementary school across the parking lot has a long-term sub who lost her husband.

Just found out that the wife's friend is the girl who's house was hit. Her and her mother weren't in the house because they were out shopping. I must be impossible for her to wrap her head around it.

Some dude related to the investigation on TV was just saying the mother and daughter inside the house were briefly hospitalized, but released 12 hours later.

Edit - The family in the house definitely was home. The father was killed, the wife and daughter escaped. They were just talking to the mom on TV.

sad, sad story. yesterday, 2/12, was a bad day from transportation accidents; this plane crash, a plane had to emergency land with engina failure in Vegas, a plane crashed landed in London because the landing gear failed, and a train crash in India killed a lot of people. you figure if all that stuff would've happened in the same day would be friday the 13th, not the 12th.