All You Can Eat Sushi, the Vinyl Collective Update

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Next to music, my love for Beer and Food fight for my #2 position. This afternoon, we will be going to Go Fish for their All You Can Eat Sushi deal that begins at 2:30pm. It is Marshall's last day at VC/SH and Justin's first week back so we figured that was cause for an exciting lunch. And this isn't your run of the mill buffet. The sushi is made to order. Know that your friends at Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home will be making Go Fish have second thoughts about offering All You Can Eat on this Friday afternoon. While I have your attention, I wanted to share with you a few things to have on your radar:

* Caroline is currently confirming our quantity on a number of overstocks and after that happens, I will be posting a list of overstock items that are for sale. We can't discount these records as heavily as Hot Topic does, but I think you will be able to find some good deals.

* On Tuesday, February 17th, we will be posting pre-orders for The Copyrights "Learn the Hard Way", Druglords of the Avenues "Sing Songs", and if the artwork comes together Volume 8 of the Under the Influence with Frank Turner and Austin Lucas. We haven't forgotten about Volume 7, but Mitch is having a really hard time with the Off with Their Heads' side of the split.

* We just received the Minus the Bear "Acoustics" and all the Murder City Devils' vinyl in and will be posting photos soon. Since we are out early today, most of these pre-orders won't ship til Monday.

* We will soon be receiving Stereotyperider vinyl, the first Drag the River 7", and finally the Joey Cape Bridge Hot Topic color. And at the end of next week, we should have the 2nd Drag the River 7" and the Jon Snodgrass vinyl. We got in the Jon Snodgrass CD and all of the Deluxe set elements and I can't wait for all of you to see how everything turned out.

* I am throwing the idea around of putting together a monthly Message Board downloadable mixtape. What do you think? Any suggestions to make this an easy thing to do each month? I know that the Lucero board does one each month. Let me know what you think.

* If all goes well, i will be posting a list of almotst out of print records. Stay tuned.

* Thanks for all your feedback about Mock Orange, we got the thumbs up from Wednesday Records and are working out all the details and artwork on releasing "Captain Love" on vinyl.

* And got in the unmastered Mike Hale recording and holy shit friends, this record is amazing.

The only thing this update left me wondering or curiuos about is how much all you can eat good sushi costs?

$18 which isn't that bad considering how much sushi costs.

stoked for mike hale and the copyrights. who is OWTH covering??

the nobodys "scarred by love" from short songs for short attention spans. the cover art is pretty involved.

When I saw Drag The River and Joey Cape last night, they had the Garage Rock 7" for sale at the show. Great show!! I've never really been a fan of Joey Cape or Lagwagon but I was blown away last night by how much I enjoyed his set. Joey Cape is a really funny guy.

that is great to hear. I love seeing Joey play. I agree, he is a funny dude.

have the get up kids stwha records come yet? Any info would be appreciated.

it has shipped from ADA, but the copies that Doghouse promised me somehow haven't shipped yet. I should have copies very soon though.