labels: maximum time per 12" side?

hey guys, i've been trying to time/price my second release and i was looking for some opinions from some of you label owners. i'm contemplating putting the record out as a single or a double. i had a guy say he could do a 35 minute 12" side. if i did a single, one side would be about 28 minutes. i have a few records that are over a half hour per side that sound great, but i guess at some point it comes down to the mastering plant.

anyone here ever press a 12" with a 25-30 minute side?

I hate 2xLPs, but 28 minutes is way too long for a single side.

20-22, sure. 28? Nah bra.

i'm pretty damn sure it's gonna have to be a double, but if i had one person say they've made a side at 28 mins and it sounded good, i might think about talking to the people they worked with.

but i'm going to try to at least get it down to three sides. (less flipping)

I like short albums so I think single LP is the best possible format. Bands should make more of an effort to keep their albums that short. If they record more songs than would fit on an album, they can get their EP or split or whatever on and then collect all that shit on another single LP later if anybody actually wants it. Only in a perfect world.