Game companies sucking disapprech

thomas

I was excited to play Ar Tonelico 2, so I preordered it a few months back. Once the reviews hit it was noted that there is a bug during a boss fight that if you don't kill her by her 6th attack the game locks up. With a bug like that you'd think a game company would try to rectify their mistake, and discontinue all copies, patch the bug and send out replacements. Well NISA did no such thing, instead the offer this advice;

"Dear Customer,

It has come to our attention that Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica contains an issue that increases the difficulty of defeating an enemy called Raki in Phase 5. The issue occurs during the 2nd battle and the optional battles with Raki. If the player does not defeat Raki by the 6th turn (3rd defense phase) she will execute a skill called Fractal Change, which automatically locks up the game. This occurs because of the way memory usage is handled in Ar tonelico 2. The heavy memory usage essentially maxes out with Raki?s special skill and halts the game, requiring a reset.

Fortunately, we discovered that the issue will not occur if the player can meet either of the following criteria.

1. Inflict over 40,000 damage to Raki within the first 6 turns (before 3rd player defense phase).

2. Defeat Raki with the first 6 turns (before 3rd player defense phase).

We have reports that the above issue does not occur with backwards compatible PlayStation®3s. However, if the issue does occur, please try the above solutions.

We want to apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused.

Sincerely,

NIS America, Inc. "

I mean wtf. How can a company ship out a game with such a big bug, and then not do anything? I was planning on starting it soon, but I don't know if I'll ever play it if I am going to have to just grind a ton to get past a bug in the game. There are a few unoffical patches out, but I'd need to rip my game path it and burn it and play that copy, which is all pretty annoying.