I AM A GOLDEN GOD (but the board's still broken)

Okay, so here's what just happened.

Each page holds 20 threads, and the frontpage was at 16 when it went to shit. I added four "test" threads, and lo and behold, it pushed the question-mark nonsense to page two (which now no longer works). So it's definitely one specific thread that's erroring somehow.

Did a mod move a thread from the general forum to another board this morning? Did any of you delete a thread?

Every page of the board besides whatever page the question-mark thread is on will continue to work, so this is at least a temporary fix; if we can never figure it out, then 20 random threads will be very difficult to read at any given time, but at least it's something.

EDIT: The missing thread in question is numbered 1202572929 -- what I've tried to do is go into each forum, open a random thread then switch out the number in the URL for that one, but it's coming up blank in all three forums. So somehow this thread was deleted. I'm wondering if someone made a thread then before anyone else could reply to it, they deleted their original post, which sent the whole thing into a tizzy. Anyone?

It seems like thread 1202572929 took a shit. Maybe one of the mods and find that post and delete it, thus fixing the problem?

That's just it; when you try changing any thread's URL to include that number. it just says it wasn't found. If it can't be found, it can't be deleted.

Someone on here knows what happened, and I'm willing to bet it's the scenario I painted above -- a person made a thread then immediately deleted it.

As someone mentioned above, it is possible to get to pretty much thread you've ever posted in even if the smoke monster is ruining this forum currently. Just click on your username, then go to the bottom of your profile and check out "View X most recent posts." Change the number to whatever you want, click "Submit" then find what you posted and click on the thread title to view/add to it.

Guest genericinsight

so far it seems to be fixed with the exception of the search function (won't perform searches as all), and when you go back a page at this forum the threads appear but stretch across my entire screen. Other than that, seems to be working normally again.

so far it seems to be fixed with the exception of the search function (won't perform searches as all), and when you go back a page at this forum the threads appear but stretch across my entire screen. Other than that, seems to be working normally again.

That's how it's been since this morning. The bigger problem is that the deleted thread in question has removed every other thread before it going back to July, and only the first few pages of the entire board (from back in the beginning) are showing up.

Guest genericinsight

That's how it's been since this morning. The bigger problem is that the deleted thread in question has removed every other thread before it going back to July, and only the first few pages of the entire board (from back in the beginning) are showing up.

are you sure it has? Only a few hours ago (around 5:30pm eastern time) when I tried to go back a page I got some weird coding and it wouldn't show up for me at all. Now I see threads but they're stretching across the screen. Maybe its been different viewing for each person?

are you sure it has? Only a few hours ago (around 5:30pm eastern time) when I tried to go back a page I got some weird coding and it wouldn't show up for me at all. Now I see threads but they're stretching across the screen. Maybe its been different viewing for each person?

The deleted thread is modular -- it's moving down the board the more threads get posted in front of it. Read the first post of this thread, that should explain it better.