Best day ever (why my life rules content)

dante3000

So me and the wife went out to celebrate my birthday last night. Plan was to meet up with some friends for dinner and then see Fake Problems and Murder by Death. We go to this tapas place in san Francisco that has the best food ever. We had mussels, calamari, fried plantains, jerk chicken and a whole bunch of other off the hook shit. While there I get a text from Chris of Fake Problems that we're apparently on the guest list. Even though I had tickets it was cool he thought of me.

We get to the show and as I'm showing the dude at the door my ID, Chris walks up and starts shooting the shit. We talk for a bit before the set and my wife lets him know that we're there for my birthday. He asks if there's any particular songs we want to hear. I drop "Diamond Rings" (which I'm sure they'll play anyhow) and Chris says they'll put it in. During their set (which fucking rocked), right after they play "Diamond Rings", Derek stops and goes, "Our buddy Richard is here tonight, you may also know him as Dante3000 on punknews.org, and this very night is his birthday and we're gonna sing him happy birthday" and sure as shit they did. I'm glad it was dark because I was probably beet red.

A few seconds later I hear some dude to my right go, "Hey happy birthday, birthday boy". I turn to see who it is and it's Austin Lucas. Turns out he spends a good deal of time in the Bay Area. We shoot the shit and Austin buys me a shot of whiskey to celebrate.

Overall it was the craziest, raddest birthday night ever. Even if it ended with me passing out in my car, and puking on the way home while my wife looked for somewhere to get coffee (I puked out the door, luckily).

Fast

Fuck yeah. I'm assuming the lake is like, way frozen because otherwise that'd be horrifying.

100km=60mph.

i dunno its not that bad since lakes in Canada are usually all frozen enough to drive on with trucks (so like, 1 tons).

still to drive that fast there would have to be some kind of road on the lake or something.

unless you were snowmobiling. then this makes perfect sense.