Records in Europe thread...

The wife and I are going to Europe for a month in July.

We are staying in Freiburg, Germany and Hague, Netherlands for 2 weeks, as well as visiting other countries in the free time that we've got, which is a lot.

So first off, where are the good record stores in these areas, where I'll have three hours a day while she's at class every day, I'll need somewhere to go. As well as other countries major cities, and major cities in Germany and the Netherlands.

Next question is, what are the customs stipulations from place to place? Like if we're in one country for a few days, and come back? What's that like?

And as far as shipping the stuff back, best way to do that? Take it on the plane?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

The wife and I are going to Europe for a month in July.

We are staying in Freiburg, Germany and Hague, Netherlands for 2 weeks, as well as visiting other countries in the free time that we've got, which is a lot.

So first off, where are the good record stores in these areas, where I'll have three hours a day while she's at class every day, I'll need somewhere to go. As well as other countries major cities, and major cities in Germany and the Netherlands.

Next question is, what are the customs stipulations from place to place? Like if we're in one country for a few days, and come back? What's that like?

And as far as shipping the stuff back, best way to do that? Take it on the plane?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

When you´re in Freiburg, definetly check out Flight 13 records. They are one of Germany´s biggest punkrock/hc/indie mailorder with a suberb selection. They also have a recordstore in the city centre somewhere near the train station. I can look for the address if you´re interested, just pm me.

If you happen to be in Cologne/Köln (the biggest city in the western area of Germany), check out Underdog recs. Probably one of the best punkrecsstores in Germany, run by the guy who owns Defiance records. But there are still some more recordstores that carry punk/hc vinyl in the city.

In Münster, Green Hell is a cool place to go. Another large punk/hc/indie store, run by the guys who also do the Green Hell mailorder, the biggest mailorder for that kind of music in Europe.

If you are in the hague, take a trip to Amsterdam, Independent Outlet near Muntplain Square has a great 2nd hand hc selection

There are a lot more, it just depends where you are going to in Germany. Just pm if you got questions

I can only imagine how much Yu is going to spend on vinyl while he's in Germany. Dude's gonna have to rent his own plane to get it home!

ha ha ha !

i'm not a rich guy,scottheisel.

it seems your wallet is fatter than my one.

i'm so enjoy visit the records shop in frankfurt now but no shop got my support because i think some records are expensiver than i ever think it was such some against me records at here.it's almost 18 euro.

i hope frank will let me know some better stuffs and more reasonable price shop.

;)

oh ! total chaos show on last friday is quite good among 40 attendencees....

thanks to everyone, especially frank.

so excited. im bringing an empty suitcase for all my records.

will try and post any good deals that i see.

these urls might help you with addresses of the shops and stuff:

www.flight13.com

www.greenhell.de

www.underdogrecordstore.de

www.outlet.nl

I´ve got some more if you need, just let me know before you leave

I don't know a lot about The Hague, because I don't go there a lot.

These are two record stores I know of:

La La Land Music: http://lalalandmusic.nl/english.html

Des Duivels Oorkussen. address : Stationsweg 168

(haven't been to either, but I know they sell records)

Your best bet is to go to Amsterdam, see the sights, smoke the bud (or drink the coffee) and check out a record shop or two:

Independent Outlet was mentioned by Frank, it's a skateboard/punk-rock store with a pretty good record section in the cellar...

I also recently went to Distortion records, you can see their catalog online, (although they didn't some stuff I saw online in the store) a nice little store, kind of a 'high fidelity' vibe, chaotic, disorganized, but some good stuff....

For Shows (in Amsterdam):

-Amsterdam Underground Collective

and/or

http://www.melkweg.nl