The first song you hear by a band

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

Do you guys think that once you get acquainted with the rest of the cd(s) from that band that, that one song still remains to be one you like the most ? I've noticed that alot with certain band's no matter what other songs you hear that one seems to be the song you love the most.

depends. i hated o pioneers, gaslight anthem, hot water music, new found glory, jesus lizard, murder city devils, and tons of other bands i now love when i first heard them, and none of the first songs i heard from those bands are my favorites. but i do like all of those songs now. so........... i guess no.

Guest smccown13

Sometimes I have fallen in love with a song, and gave the album a chance for a month or 2. Then..one day I will say "Fuck..I don't like this" like 3 months later. I think I sometimes to try convince myself something is good subconsciously.

Guest drahtuos

i'm forever convinced everything is at least downright good, enjoyable and often times as perfect as it can be by every band or artist i even enjoy the slightest, and all of it runs together. my ears are easily pleased when it comes to music, if something no matter how insignificant or significant within it attracts my attention, a song a small part of a song a whole album that one way the singer sang a particular word the atmosphere the intensity of emotion present toward the end of the last track of a particular album the way a certain song made me feel indescribable that one verse you can't get out of your head etc. etc. etc. i end up loving everything the band or artist then has to offer. i put energy into wanting to hear everything else, wanting to find more treasures within complete discographies. there are rare cases where i end up losing interest in a band or artist i previously enjoyed, again those are few and far between and sometimes somehow i come back to them with a renewed appreciation. i'm hyper exposed to a lot of music because i'm constantly consuming it along with other forms of entertainment, it's mostly all i think about more so than even a great pair of titties or responsible things my mind should be focused on. television, movies, comics, etc. too. i just absorb and absorb rarely wringing out the excess water collected in the sponge that is my brain. i would like to make it clear that i do think about other things, other aspects of life plenty. it's just that consuming and becoming inspired by and then creating things audible, visual, and downright entertaining or thought provoking or beautiful is the focus of my life. i am an escapist.

and so to attempt staying on track with the thread, bare with me. the first song i hear by any band i now love or like or whatever matters less to me than the band itself and everything they do in general. there is just so much out there that nothing is truly special, the specialness of a particular song is momentary and it's specialness is refreshed in my memory upon hearing it again with only nostalgia and fleeting memory of how special it was and degrades to be in between listens. some songs i do enjoy more than others it just depends. hearing a song first has no impact on my appreciation for the song, it could be my favorite or it could be one i just like or love or it could be one thats good but i don't listen to it all that often cause it wasn't totally the bees knees great. with me who knows?

ps. this post may make little sense due to the fact that i typed it out while staying up on sleeping meds, feeling a little loopy. but to me at this moment that was pure unadulterated truth i just spewed.

edit: i apologize for the wall of text.