So this is happening. (Gaslight Anthem content)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my subscription ran out. is there anyway to get another one cheap?

http://www.altpress.com/subscribe

I think $12 is pretty cheap. I mean, that's a dollar an issue. Or you can take advantage of the sweet deal we set up with SideOneDummy, where you get a 1-year subscription to AP (including the Gasliight cover), a copy of The '59 Sound and a Gaslight T-shirt for only $15:

http://www.sideonedummy.com/miva/merchan....tegory_Code=G A

http://www.altpress.com/subscribe

I think $12 is pretty cheap. I mean, that's a dollar an issue. Or you can take advantage of the sweet deal we set up with SideOneDummy, where you get a 1-year subscription to AP (including the Gasliight cover), a copy of The '59 Sound and a Gaslight T-shirt for only $15:

http://www.sideonedummy.com/miva/merchan....tegory_Code=G A

I may do this because that's cheaper than I thought.If I only pick up like 3-4 issues at a bookstore it cost that much.

I'm an editor, not a photographer. That's like asking the producer of a record to explain the cover art.

You put your name behind the magazine. I'm not asking for an explanation, just an opinion. You must have some input into the vision and direction of the magazine.

I have plenty of input into the editorial side of it, of course. I have virtually no input whatsoever on the design/photography aspect of it, however, as I was not hired to be a designer or photographer. I can't comment on that stuff because I don't know the decision-making process.

Frankly, I love this cover photo. I think it represents the band very well, and they look natural to me. Remember, this is a professional photographer. It's not some kid with a Digital Rebel shooting from the mosh pit.

A link to this has been posted already but... the circled mistake isn't the only mistake, there's another hand on the other side, and it doesn't belong to anyone other than the guy in the front. Wow, i can't believe this didn't get spotted!!

Also just noticed, the dude in the right side with the disembodied hand on his shoulder, doesn't have legs!!

[image]

We're well aware of the problems on the BMTH cover. It would take a while to explain what happened, so I'll just give you the short version: The wrong version of the cover photo was uploaded to our printers by accident and we didn't catch it until after we went to press. Mistakes happen. Kerrang makes tons of 'em, too.

We're well aware of the problems on the BMTH cover. It would take a while to explain what happened, so I'll just give you the short version: The wrong version of the cover photo was uploaded to our printers by accident and we didn't catch it until after we went to press. Mistakes happen. Kerrang makes tons of 'em, too.

Wow, Scott. Im not having a go, every publication makes mistakes, though i wouldn't say we make "tons". It's not a fanzine.

this article won't change the fact that they're probably one of the most overrated-overhyped bands of this decade. they do nothing interesting, they're pretty bland and boring.

as for AP, Scott put my band in there before he knew me/us based solely on a song about Pizza. He wins no matter what. Scott, will you do a write up on us when we break up?

this article won't change the fact that they're probably one of the most overrated-overhyped bands of this decade. they do nothing interesting, they're pretty bland and boring.

as for AP, Scott put my band in there before he knew me/us based solely on a song about Pizza. He wins no matter what. Scott, will you do a write up on us when we break up?

Never break up.

A link to this has been posted already but... the circled mistake isn't the only mistake, there's another hand on the other side, and it doesn't belong to anyone other than the guy in the front. Wow, i can't believe this didn't get spotted!!

Also just noticed, the dude in the right side with the disembodied hand on his shoulder, doesn't have legs!!

[image]

my friends drew dicks all over the cover of that issue.

Wow, Scott. Im not having a go, every publication makes mistakes, though i wouldn't say we make "tons". It's not a fanzine.

Sorry, poor choice of words. Just saying that every magazine makes errors in every issue, from things as small as misplaced punctuation to bigger gaffes like this. It happens. Nothing but love for your mag; I was at your SXSW party on Friday and it ruled. Cancer Bats destroyed!

Every year I do a "10 Essential Albums By Bands Who Broke Up This Year," and I will most definitely put Saturdays Of Thunder in there when the time comes.

Sorry, poor choice of words. Just saying that every magazine makes errors in every issue, from things as small as misplaced punctuation to bigger gaffes like this. It happens. Nothing but love for your mag; I was at your SXSW party on Friday and it ruled. Cancer Bats destroyed!

no worries man, i must admit we did once have some copy drop out of a feature once that left a sentence reading "... tonight Korn will play leading Nazi war criminals...". Shit could not have been more perfect. Glad you enjoyed the party, i've heard similar reports of it being awesome, wish someone would ship me over there one year.

Never break up.

Come on sunday to roboto, seriously, no clue when our next show is gunna be.

Every year I do a "10 Essential Albums By Bands Who Broke Up This Year," and I will most definitely put Saturdays Of Thunder in there when the time comes.

thats so awesome! I just found out people can still buy that record! We, obviously, can't get any more copies of it, but its still out there!!

http://www.victoryrecords.com/item/9847/0/Hank_Jones_Saturdays_of_Thunder