Why the Gaslight Anthem EP is delayed

Since the Gaslight Anthem are treating my house as a bed-and-breakfast right now (ZOMG TEH GASLIT ANTHUM IZ STAYING AT MY HOUS!!!), I asked them what the deal was with their new EP and why it's not out physically yet. They said both the CDs and the 7-inches themselves are pressed, but nothing has been packaged yet because apparently the pressing plant Sabot went to doesn't carry the kind of paper the band wanted to use for the covers/inserts on both releases anymore. They don't have a definite answer on when it will be done, just that they're working on getting it resolved.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We originally had conversation over this EP that turned into a piracy debate. I find it amusing how that method is still the easiest way to obtain this EP as purchasing the physical product is taking a bit of time.

...before you jump down my throat, I purchased the EP via iTunes.

Guest baseball
Thanks for the info! I am hoping they are playing a track or two from it tonight (or the whole damn thing) because I want to hear it!

they play two tracks from the EP.

Pretty sure I've heard more than 2 of the EP songs live.

Actually, on second thought, I might be confusing them with the Tijuana New Jersey Experience.

Guest genericinsight

So the band doesn't have any copies on sale at the shows?

this sucks, I'm going to have to share the info with my friends who were counting on buying the new EP on Friday.

So the band doesn't have any copies on sale at the shows?

this sucks, I'm going to have to share the info with my friends who were counting on buying the new EP on Friday.

Nope, nothing. They're bummed about it, trust me. They said every show they're probably out $250 or more from kids who wanted to buy the EP.