Why the Gaslight Anthem EP is delayed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish sabot was more on top of their shit. Why can't the post some news and tell us some fucking numbers on these records. Seriously, it wouldn't be hard to get emails from everyone who ordered and send us a quick note. I just went to cali for four days and told my mom to run to my PO BOX everyday to see if it came in, wish I had known now, save her the trouble.(my post office sucks, stuff disappears if left for more than a day or two)

Whatever, I guess it'll be a surprise sometime in the future and yeah, I figure if you buy it, download it. I downloaded the gaslight album, liked it so much I ordered the LP from no idea. Works both ways!

Since the Gaslight Anthem are treating my house as a bed-and-breakfast right now (ZOMG TEH GASLIT ANTHUM IZ STAYING AT MY HOUS!!!), I asked them what the deal was with their new EP and why it's not out physically yet. They said both the CDs and the 7-inches themselves are pressed, but nothing has been packaged yet because apparently the pressing plant Sabot went to doesn't carry the kind of paper the band wanted to use for the covers/inserts on both releases anymore. They don't have a definite answer on when it will be done, just that they're working on getting it resolved.

thanks for updates,dude.

i love to know an update like this because it make me feel like i'm sitting in chat pit with you and those guys in gaslight anthem,scottheisel....

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the sabot site and it looks like preorder for the red isn't up anymore, only black. So maybe the numbers aren't super high on this first press. Would love to hear any new updates though, hate being in the dark, especially when I paid well over a month ago. Either way, looking forward to it and super siked to see how these turn out!

I just checked the sabot site and it looks like preorder for the red isn't up anymore, only black. So maybe the numbers aren't super high on this first press. Would love to hear any new updates though, hate being in the dark, especially when I paid well over a month ago. Either way, looking forward to it and super siked to see how these turn out!

-1 for bringing this tread back and giving me false hope and then having me read it and being like, "Still? Damn".

Also, -1 Sabot for caring about paper.

I just wish sabot was more on top of their shit. Why can't the post some news and tell us some fucking numbers on these records. Seriously, it wouldn't be hard to get emails from everyone who ordered and send us a quick note. I just went to cali for four days and told my mom to run to my PO BOX everyday to see if it came in, wish I had known now, save her the trouble.(my post office sucks, stuff disappears if left for more than a day or two)

Whatever, I guess it'll be a surprise sometime in the future and yeah, I figure if you buy it, download it. I downloaded the gaslight album, liked it so much I ordered the LP from no idea. Works both ways!

Jordan is on tour like everyday for his life. give the guy a break! its just a freaking record.

Jordan is on tour like everyday for his life. give the guy a break! its just a freaking record.

Then the dude shouldn't try to run a business.

That's going to come off harshly when it wasn't totally meant that way. I just figure if people spend their money with you, you have a responsibility to keep them informed. If you can't do that because of other obligations than you have to make tough choices.

We shouldn't have to get inside information from Scott to figure out why the release is this late.