4800 Calorie Burger AKA looks fucking delicious

The Gauntlet has been thrown.

[image]

Josh Kowalczyk, an intern with the West Michigan Whitecaps, in Comstock Park, Mich. poses for a photo March 24, 2009. The $20 burger will feature a sesame-seed bun made from a pound of dough, five 1/3-pound beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips

i'm surprised more minor league stadiums don't do shit like this.

it's clearly a publicity stunt and just a way to raise awareness. and if you've ever been to a minor league game, they're reallllly fun. for a fraction of the cost of an MLB game. that $20 burger feeds the whole family i'm sure. tickets are like $8. so you get a night out, a baseball game, food and drinks for like $50-60 for the whole family.

it's clearly a publicity stunt and just a way to raise awareness. and if you've ever been to a minor league game, they're reallllly fun. for a fraction of the cost of an MLB game. that $20 burger feeds the whole family i'm sure. tickets are like $8. so you get a night out, a baseball game, food and drinks for like $50-60 for the whole family.

I've been to that park a bunch of times, and totally agree with you. I do however prefer minor league hockey.

i'm sure you guys have heard of the Krispy Kreme burger (it's actually one of the reasons "this is why you're fat" was started) ... it's a bacon cheeseburger but instead of buns they use krispy kreme doughnuts.....

it was actually started at a minor league park in illinois.

I thought it was called the Luther...

i love minor league games. i've been to a ton of WBS games when i lived there, and now i travel to at least a handful of Curve and Seawolves games per year. i got tickets for opening day for Erie vs Altoona, front row right on the Curve's dugout. should be sick. and only $11.50 per ticket including fees. :D

My friend is trying to get a group of people to go to our local minor league team's park and rent out the seating area with the hot tub which would only be like ten bucks a person. We'd also get unlimited hot dogs which is a pretty sweet deal. He's calling this event "bro-tub 2009." Im really hoping it happens haha.

The minor league price argument doesn't mean much in AZ, as Diamondback tickets go as low as (I believe) $4.

so do pirates. but for $12 i can be at the front row of a AA team with a chance of actually winning, while at a pirates game i'd be in the nose bleed seats for a team that will lose 100+

I'm gonna be honest I love eating junk food and shit but these "over the top" foods don't do anything for me. I love bacon burgers and what not but I have no urge to eat a burger with donuts on the outside or a 20 pound burger wrapped in a pizza covered in chocolate and deep fried. I mean something can be unhealthy and delicious but when you get to the point of actively making it fatter than need be, it stops being appealing.

I'm gonna be honest I love eating junk food and shit but these "over the top" foods don't do anything for me. I love bacon burgers and what not but I have no urge to eat a burger with donuts on the outside or a 20 pound burger wrapped in a pizza covered in chocolate and deep fried. I mean something can be unhealthy and delicious but when you get to the point of actively making it fatter than need be, it stops being appealing.

Pussy.

If you don't eat the over-sized food the terrorists win. Forget that this burger could feed like 10 starving people.