wwyd?

my wife wanted me to start this thread...........we recently carpeted the house and got a new couch, chair and ottoman for the living room. problem is, is that it is bigger than we thought. the ottoman takes up way to much space. would you move the ottoman to the mancave(downstairs) or would you keep it? i think i would rather have a table of some sort infront of the couch. can we rearrange differently with the expedites? i think they look perfect along that wall.

[image]

[image]

i figure i would post this cuz my wife thought it would be awesome in the record room.

[image]

So you have a record room in addition to the set-up and expedits in the living room? Are the record room and mancave one in the same? If so, put the ottoman in there. Comfy seating + records + manness = awesome accomodations.

the man cave and record room are not the same. im am building my mancave slowly. its downstairs and away from my wife. as we get new shit the old stuff goes down stairs for football and dudes takin pictures of taints and shit.

If you can keep it in the room I would do that. If not I think I'd move it and get a table.

i would love to do this but i think of when i have people over they are going to want to put their drinks down.......preferably on something hard.

Right, I wouldn't turn the ottoman in to a table (though you could get a serving tray and put it on top of the ottoman). I was just saying you could move the ottoman off to the side so if you want it, its there. Otherwise I'd just move it.

i would love to do this but i think of when i have people over they are going to want to put their drinks down.......preferably on something hard.

Right, I wouldn't turn the ottoman in to a table (though you could get a serving tray and put it on top of the ottoman). I was just saying you could move the ottoman off to the side so if you want it, its there. Otherwise I'd just move it.

serving tray. hmmmmmmmmm. could work. thanks for the help guys. im leaning on the table idea and setting the ottoman up downstairs with the futon.

I dunno dude, I think the Expedits take a backseat to the furniture. I'd put the couch on the long wall where they are, ottoman to the window-side of the couch out of the walkway, and the chair on the half-wall there angled toward the couch. I don't know how much wall space that leaves, but I think 2 of the expedits can be shoved somewhere such as the corner that the chair is in now. The one on its side might be able to go under the windows or something? Kinda where the couch is in your pics.

With this, you can shove the ottoman out of the way if you don't want it and there's room for a table in front of the couch (I think).

I know you like the shelves there, but I think you have to start your room with the larger pieces of furniture.