10 Harmless Geek Pranks

Tomorrow is April Fools Day, aka the greatest day of the year (and my g/f's birthday).

Here's a link to a great article about some techy pranks you can pull:

http://lifehacker.com/373817/top-10-harmless-geek-pranks

#9 is my old stand by, I get people all the time w/ it.

I have to be careful at work this year because of the Conficker virus stuff though.

They missed one. I used to have a roommate who is very un-tech-savy. So much so that my other roommates and I unplugged his ethernet cord and he was sure his internet wasn't working for three days because it was so cold outside because "he checked the router and "his cable(the only red one in the house) was plugged in". He clearly didn't check it.

Anyways, April Fools comes around and we get this guy with #9 and then hours later, after fixing his issue and having a good laugh about it when he's at class, I take a piece of scotch tape and use it to cover the laser eye on his optical mouse. When he gets home from class, his mouse doesn't work and he's positive the mouse has a virus because other mice, when plugged in, work. Scotch tape + optical mouse + uninformed user = win.