Green Day 21st Century Breakdown 3x10" SE Box Set

isn't this pretty much the exact same thing as the Thrice boxset minus the CD and major label? the Thrice boxset has 4 10" instead of 3 and most important thing, it's cheaper. much cheaper. i don't know how many pages are in the Thrice boxset but I could do without 60 pages of what will most likely turn out to be BS.

The Thrice boxset is also supposed to be bound in a hardcover book. If the book in the Green Day one is actually like the one pictured, that shit looks like it was done at kinkos.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i read it was that it is going to be an art book. reading that it made me think are all the pages going to be blank? like the art books you get at art supply stores? the pages are blank in the picture.

edit: ok i read the description fully so i guess it will be album art in the pages.

In case you don't want to do the math, 3,000@$90/each = $270,000. That's a stimulus package.

Seriously, I'm tired of musicians and labels going after the collector to move physical product, it's depressing. On a side note, I might buy this to sell it to some super fan in 5 months.

I wouldn't really bank on these things selling out. Could be wrong though.

To quote Barry from High Fidelity, "You could be--and are--wrong." Dude, this is GREEN DAY. One of the 10 biggest active bands ON THE PLANET. You mean to tell me they can't sell 3,000 collector's packages?

Like I said, I could be wrong. I guess I've never really understood why people buy into these rape your fans boxsets in the first place. Throw on top of that that a lot of people are in the shitter financially, and I just don't see it selling. But like I've said I never understood these boxsets anyways. It's one thing to release discography boxsets or even retrospectives like the Pearl Jam Ten box, but I don't understand why a new album by a post-prime band merits a product like this.

Pro: I ordered it

Con: I sort of feel like I shouldn't have spent that much money

Pro: I'll still have the most kick ass Green Day Collection on my block

Con: I'll also be the poorest kid on my block

Pro: My card won't be charged till it ships, giving me more than 2 months to get my money in order.

Con: I assume upon it's release there will be between 2-5 other special edition packages for this.

So, I wouldn't mind picking this up, but I would probably flip it after a while for a few reasons:

1. Could probably find another pressing of the album for way cheaper

2. With the money made off of this, I could be much closer to moving out of El Paso

3. I will gather the artwork is pretty sweet, but I can't imagine spending that much time with it and I just want to see it and make sure it's worth the 90 bucks to spend.

4. I don't even know if this album is going to be any good.

Scott, have you heard any of it yet?

I don't understand why a new album by a post-prime band merits a product like this.

The fact that you called Green Day a "post-prime band" shows you must not follow mainstream music at all. Green Day is HUGE. If anything, they've entered an entirely new level of popularity with American Idiot and I doubt they'll come back down any time soon.

Scott, have you heard any of it yet?

The first song leaked on the internet a few weeks back but got squashed down pretty quickly; I'm sure it's out there if you look hard enough, though.

i really wanna hear this, word is there's one single advanced copy in europe, been in london for a bit but it's going somewhere else this week, they're insanely tight on it, my gf heard it over at the warners offices this last week and she liked it.

This is the lamest shit I have seen in awhile. The lamest part is that the album has "acts".

Pretentious much?

Yeah, dude! Fuck acts! And while we're at it, Shakespeare was a total fagmo, too, right? Who the fuck writes in acts?!?!?

I think classic plays and past their prime pop punk are a bit different.

Guest kevinb
This is the lamest shit I have seen in awhile. The lamest part is that the album has "acts".

Pretentious much?

Yeah, dude! Fuck acts! And while we're at it, Shakespeare was a total fagmo, too, right? Who the fuck writes in acts?!?!?

hahah fagmo sounds like some stupid word my friend would make up & use all of the time

should i just rename this thread "the new green day album hate thread"?

the shenanigans cover did pop into my head when i first saw the new cover art too

also, check out the 30 sec clip of their new single on www.greenday.com youll either like it or have another reason to post in here :)

Sounds pretty boring.

Guest markovianprocess
A nice art book that size runs like 40 bucks, so I don't really understand this at all. Green Day has had really really bad art on the last few records. I want to hear the new record, but I'm not paying more than 20 bucks for it.

If this is the only vinyl version (which I fear it might be) they've totally shot themselves in the foot with this, as they'd probably make more from the amount of copies they'd shift for like $15. The only band that can really get away with the art books are Sigur Ros, and even then they always offer the album separately.