My dog passed away today...

Way shitty man.

My dog I got when I was 6 died last summer, after 11 years. Was a huge bummer. For about a week, he'd do nothing but sit in my room. No eating, no drinking, nothing. It was depressing of fuck. A bit solace came when he did finally pass, though. For a little while, I couldn't help but wish I had spent more time with him, played with him more, taking him for more frequent walks, etc. Now I'm rambling.

Only thing that could make dogs more awesome is if they lived forever.

wow dude, seriously I am very sorry. I know how it feels to lose a pet you loved.

I remember what it was like to have to put my first dog down. She was getting really weak and sick and I really couldn't handle putting her to sleep. She would just lay with me all day long and one day she came up to me with a really sad sick look and put her head on my lap and I just lost it, I knew what I had to do and it hurt so much.

I know I'm rambling and it doesn't help but seriously I'm really sorry. Its very rough but you did the best thing for your dog by taking away her pain.

Guest smccown13

I lost my first dog when i was 17. We got her when I was 5. Honestly, I'm 24 and I can't get another dog. I really feel you right now, man. I'm always on facebook if you need me.

Guest drahtuos

i lost my cat i don't know how long ago but it was at the last place i lived at on my own, before i moved back in with my parents. he just dissapeared and never came back around, i put up fliers and shit, but had no luck. wasnt till later and too late that i realized he could have been picked up and taken to some animal shelter, i dunno..

i miss him though all the time. he would always follow me around and keep me company, even if i was alone of feelin down as long as he was there i would feel better. for a long time he took the place of my human friends. i always had a warm bond with link, my life is a little emptier now that he's gone. i keep a picture of him pinned to a magnet board above my bed.

Guest adam526

I'm sorry to hear that man, thankfully you're saying you're doing better, and so is he/she.

Got my first cat when I was roughly 6, came home one day when I was like 13 and she was no where to be found. My parents took her to get put down while I was at school that. Way bummed out and way pissed off, but apparently she was sick and my parents chose not to tell me until after.

Sorry to hear this, hope you're ok!

So my family is very young and no one in my immediate family has passed away in my lifetime, so I have no idea how to deal w/ a close death. The only thing that's ever come close is my dog Buster being put to sleep. One of the roughest times of my life.

I'm 34 and I cry just about every time I think about my dog Chloe, who died in January. I spent the entire day with her, walking around, swimming, chasing prairie dogs -- then to the vet to get put to sleep. It just kills me. Now I have to read my daughter this book all the time about dogs going to heaven and I can hardly get through it without bawling. I miss that dog so much. I feel like a shitbag for admitting this, but I would much rather spend my time with my dogs than most people.

I lost my first dog when i was 17. We got her when I was 5. Honestly, I'm 24 and I can't get another dog. I really feel you right now, man. I'm always on craigslist if you need me.

Just trying to bring some levity to the thread...

And take it away... I had to put down my dog of 16 years about 4/5 years ago. That was the pet I'd had for almost my whole life since I was 20 at the time. I couldn't even be in the room, and when my mom came out with the collar and tags I totally lost it. The whole family was pretty torn up for a few weeks. Even now I'm getting teary eyed.

I feel like a shitbag for admitting this, but I would much rather spend my time with my dogs than most people.

Psh...if that is a requirement, then I am a total shitbag.