Records you could have bought, but didn't & regret

Guest markovianprocess

I had Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American on my watchlist, I must of missed it by about an hour. It went for £17.50. This is pretty much my top want and I totally dropped the ball. :(

it's not a record but at the last minute my girlfriend told me that if i wanted this pushead print i had been watching on ebay she would get it for me. I'm at work, auction ends in 3 minutes and i get stuck talking to a customer. My first bid got outbid and because i was on my phone and i didnt have enough time to rebid. FML. Im hoping the bad economy starts driving more people to sell his older shit. I've never seen that print come up before either. so pissed.

I typed the whole story out the first time(s) this type of thread was started. Long story short: Nirvana Love Buzz 7" for $30 right when they were getting big. He had two copies. I only had $20 so I bought a Pearl Jam pic disc instead. Fuck.

the pearl jam pic disc makes it that much funnier and depressing

I actually love the shit out of that picture disc and enjoy the songs on it a million times more than I'd ever enjoy the Nirvana songs. So it's no big deal from that standpoint. But it is from every other standpoint. Oh well.

it's not a record but at the last minute my girlfriend told me that if i wanted this pushead print i had been watching on ebay she would get it for me. I'm at work, auction ends in 3 minutes and i get stuck talking to a customer. My first bid got outbid and because i was on my phone and i didnt have enough time to rebid. FML. Im hoping the bad economy starts driving more people to sell his older shit. I've never seen that print come up before either. so pissed.

Which one was it?

This one's going to be a tough one to top.

Anyone who went to this garage sale and didn't pick this up could top it . . .

http://www.popsike.com/VELVET-UNDERGROUND-NICO-1966-Acetate-LP-ANDY-WARHOL/300060897304.html

I remember reading about this and wondering how much it would cost to drive up there and beat that guy up. I think it was the merch guy for Sunset Rubdown, so I'm pretty sure I could take him.

Anyone who went to this garage sale and didn't pick this up could top it . . .

http://www.popsike.com/VELVET-UNDERGROUND-NICO-1966-Acetate-LP-ANDY-WARHOL/300060897304.html

I remember reading about this and wondering how much it would cost to drive up there and beat that guy up. I think it was the merch guy for Sunset Rubdown, so I'm pretty sure I could take him.

ROADTRIP!

I thought $15 was too much for the Alk3/OMA split on red. I'm pretty sure I remember Greatest Story being available on maroon. I saw The Bronx LP II at Waterloo, but that one doesn't go for that much. Same with FHTI, saw that one so many times at stores. Lately, my biggest regret has been The Marked Men - Fix My Brain. That one was available in Swami's store for a while.

There were stacks and stacks of HOFXs at Rhino records in Claremont California. I remember picking one up and saying "Oh cool, NOFX has a new record...oh wait, there's only two songs on this, I'm not paying $8 for two songs." I could have bought literally 25 copies and been sitting pretty all these years later.

This is a great thread, because I really think about that all the time and get a little pissed. There are tons more, early Blink, like Cheshire Cat without "182", fuckin' gold on the bay. Those first couple AFI singles went through my hands, got up to hundreds of dollars each a couple years back.

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros "Rock Art & the X-Ray Style"... Saw this one somewhere back when it first came out and I can't believe I didn't pick it up. These are way too expensive for me right now. The last one I saw went on Ebay for $210. Not sure if putting that kind of money on a record is what I want to do right now.

watched coalesce - there is nothing new under the sun 12" sit on the shelf for a good month. finally decided it was time to buy and, *poof* it was gone...

then, same store, alkaline trio - i lied my face off 12" to which i thought, wow, $12 for only 4 songs? i can get more song for my buck elsewhere. whoops!

still brings a tear to my eye.

New Found Glory - Nothing Gold Can Stay. when it first came out my local record store had a few copies, but it was before i got serious with collecting and was on the fence about starting a collection because of the amount of money i would spend on it.

maybe 2 years ago Drive Thru's webstore was selling the remaining copies of it for real cheap, like $5 i think, and i delayed buying it and putzed around long enough till i missed out on it for a second time.

now they go for far more than i'm willing to spend even though it's at the top of my want list. for me part of the hunt is getting something for a steal.