favorite guitar solos?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes and 50 seconds in, shit gets destroyed.

true story... when i was 9 i dressed like the guy from the BLACKOUT album cover and this video.. my mom was pissed that i ruined two forks, but ultimately blamed it on my dad because he bent them down so i could wear them and not blind myself.. no one knew who i was at church except my friend justin. :(

that doesn't beat when i dressed like gene simmons the next year for halloween at church.. they stopped having halloween parties after that..haha. i love my mom for letting me dress like him..

i love his style of playing.. I'll match you a STANLEY JORDAN rendtion of "Stairway to Heaven" from the mid 80's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXN3OLgoqs&hl=en&fs=1

and raise you a sick sick sick performace from mr michael angelo (of nitro fame):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-laAbV07zFQ&hl=en&fs=1

this guy is even sicker live. i saw nitro in the late 90's and they were gross... and awesome at the same time.

2 minutes and 50 seconds in, shit gets destroyed.

true story... when i was 9 i dressed like the guy from the BLACKOUT album cover and this video.. my mom was pissed that i ruined two forks, but ultimately blamed it on my dad because he bent them down so i could wear them and not blind myself.. no one knew who i was at church except my friend justin. :(

Haha, that's bitchen!

Mustache too?

[image]

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Neil Young's solo that closes out the last minute of Cinnamon Girl is and will always be my favorite.

It's so lazy and laid back and proves that you don't need more than 5 notes.

He didn't need more than one note. Isn't that just one note over and over? Maybe two.

But yeah, less is more sometimes.

Eddie Van Halen's solo in "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRO6cSYALUE&hl=en&fs=1

A friend said to me that apparently Eddie Van Halen left the recording booth after laying down that solo and said something along the lines of "well, I'll never be able to play that again!"

Haha, such a ridiculous thing for EVH to say, considering this: