Gummo

whatever you do, don't watch KEN PARK then.. if that's the way you feel about Happiness, then you truly will be disgusted by Ken Park. While the movie is somewhat truthful due to real life, it's fucking nuts.. IT makes "Happiness" seem like a disney movie

It seemed like the main point of Happiness was an attempt to humanize child molesters, which I'm not ok with. I was less offended by the movie Salo than Happiness.

he explained that the whole point of the scene wasn't to make you feel for the guy, but to make people realize that he has a problem. he gave the scene some humanity rather showing the dad was not unsympathic dirty old man, who drives a van and smiling the whole time he sees kids. He's actually seen that he has an existance other than preying on small children. It's not ment to make you be ok with the idea of him being a pedophile, but that he is human with other things going on in his life. He knows it's wrong, but he can't fight the urges..

and how is Salo not as offenisve, whey they have sex with children, make them eat feces, make them do things against their will, then finally at the dramatic ending, sodomize them with large wooden poles, burn their penis, cut out their tongue, and what not, all while the head chief masturbates in ia window...

It seemed like the main point of Happiness was an attempt to humanize child molesters, which I'm not ok with. I was less offended by the movie Salo than Happiness.

he explained that the whole point of the scene wasn't to make you feel for the guy, but to make people realize that he has a problem. he gave the scene some humanity rather showing the dad was not unsympathic dirty old man, who drives a van and smiling the whole time he sees kids. He's actually seen that he has an existance other than preying on small children. It's not ment to make you be ok with the idea of him being a pedophile, but that he is human with other things going on in his life. He knows it's wrong, but he can't fight the urges..

and how is Salo not as offenisve, whey they have sex with children, make them eat feces, make them do things against their will, then finally at the dramatic ending, sodomize them with large wooden poles, burn their penis, cut out their tongue, and what not, all while the head chief masturbates in ia window...

Salo didn't attempt to make you feel sympathetic to the guy jerking off in the window.

Personally I love Gummo and Happiness, I'd go as far as putting Happiness in my top 5 movies. But I won't argue with anyone that doesn't like either of those two movies because I completely understand why someone wouldn't.

Once I got my mom to watch Happiness and I asked her what she thought of it and she said "It was ok" which dumbfounded me I assumed it was a movie that you either would think was brilliant or completely hate.

Salo didn't attempt to make you feel sympathetic to the guy jerking off in the window.

true... you got me there... but i was attempting to make a point that there's so much worse that they do to those kids without any sympathy, yet you're more disgusted with a movie that is trying to say that the pedophile has problems and is aware of them and realizes he's wrong.

i think solondz was trying to make you understand that the guy has problems.. or all at faults. without trying to have sympathy for him, so we are aware on how to prevent future situations in the future. Almost like trying to udnerstand people who rob, or rape, or steal. without every knowing why they do this and just taking it for face value, you'll never understand how to treat their urges and fix the problem.

he really think that's what he was getting at.. i'm just horrible at reiterating stuff that i think about. i suck at that..

true... you got me there... but i was attempting to make a point that there's so much worse that they do to those kids without any sympathy, yet you're more disgusted with a movie that is trying to say that the pedophile has problems and is aware of them and realizes he's wrong.

i think solondz was trying to make you understand that the guy has problems.. or all at faults. without trying to have sympathy for him, so we are aware on how to prevent future situations in the future. Almost like trying to udnerstand people who rob, or rape, or steal. without every knowing why they do this and just taking it for face value, you'll never understand how to treat their urges and fix the problem.

he really think that's what he was getting at.. i'm just horrible at reiterating stuff that i think about. i suck at that..

I know how the fix the problem. You kill them.

Yes, I honestly think that rapists and child molesters should be killed. There isn't a worse crime. I'd rather live next to a convicted murder than a rapist or child molester.

Yes, I honestly think that rapists and child molesters should be killed. There isn't a worse crime. I'd rather live next to a convicted murder than a rapist or child molester.

I think people should be helped if they find they know they are wrong and are sympathic. Shit happens sometimes, and some people truly are repentant. if they are unrepentant and have no sympathy for what they have done.. by all means they should be locked up. your logic would be flawed because not all convicted rapists and child molesters are bad people. some actually got fucked due to certain circumstances.

I think people should be helped if they find they know they are wrong and are sympathic. Shit happens sometimes, and some people truly are repentant. if they are unrepentant and have no sympathy for what they have done.. by all means they should be locked up. your logic would be flawed because not all convicted rapists and child molesters are bad people. some actually got fucked due to certain circumstances.

Really? Where are these throngs of wonderful rapists and child molesters?

You can't compare the crime of sexual abuse to something like stealing a television. Yes, they're both crimes, however they have significantly different causation. If you steal you're doing so because you need money. If you provide the person with means to make money via legal avenues the odds are they will no longer steal. Why does someone rape women or molest children? How do you rewire that? Guess what? You can't.

You can't compare the crime of sexual abuse to something like stealing a television. Yes, they're both crimes, however they have significantly different causation. If you steal you're doing so because you need money. If you provide the person with means to make money via legal avenues the odds are they will no longer steal. Why does someone rape women or molest children? How do you rewire that? Guess what? You can't.

who said someone was wonderful? you're using words i never said. I just said there are poeple who have records as rapists or whatnot due to circumstances beyond their control. and that we should try to study those people who are caught so we can try to prevent future incidences of rape and molestation.

case in point: my friend jeff was in a legal battle due to the fact that a daughter of his girlfriends just claimed that he molested her and touched her. now, they have no proof in court, the girl retracted her statement, it got thrown out, but guess what.. now he's kinda marked no matter that fact that the trial got thrown out of court. his pic has already been seen in the paper, next to what he got picked up for.. he's a good person and now he has this stigma around him for life due to that girl that made false claim on him...he's branded.

also. my ex friend andrew (who is not a friend anymore) wound up doing 4 years for sleeping with a 16 year old he met at a bar.. he was 21, so it's not too far off in age, but still.. he spend 4 years in prison for shit that could have been avoided if maybe the damn bartender would have carded her... people are not always guilty of being pedophiles or rapists, yet when they are sentenced, sometimes there are circumstances involved. Even i've gone home with girls that are in bars.. luckiily they were barely of age, but still.. if it was one year younger, i could have been sentenced if i had crappy public defender.

that's what i was getting at..

also jeff ott (of crimpshrine) did the same when he was fucked up on drugs.. he has since sobered up, and try to make matters right.. even in AA, they say you should try to make matters right with the ones you hurt. He knows he did wrong, he knows he fucked up, but he's been trying to be a better person to his wife and kid(s) since. You can say, well he did it, so he's automatically fucked up and should never be forgiven and should be shot, raped himself,etc, etc, but in actuallity if people are trying hard to overcome their mistakes, i think people should be given a chance. everyone has faults.. some worse than others, but they still have faults..

excuse me for my many fatal misspellings.. my apologies.

also people don't always steal for money.. some steal just to steal..for the thrill. others steal because they want certain items but can't afford it, so they steal it for themselves. I come from a shitty neighborhood. people don't always do stuff for money.. and people can become rewired.. not everyone who goes to prison for killing, or whatnot comes out doing the same.. some people make a better life for themselves as best as they can.

im done with the topic. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree at this point. hugzzzz

who said someone was wonderful? you're using words i never said. I just said there are poeple who have records as rapists or whatnot due to circumstances beyond their control. and that we should try to study those people who are caught so we can try to prevent future incidences of rape and molestation.

case in point: my friend jeff was in a legal battle due to the fact that a daughter of his girlfriends just claimed that he molested her and touched her. now, they have no proof in court, the girl retracted her statement, it got thrown out, but guess what.. now he's kinda marked no matter that fact that the trial got thrown out of court. his pic has already been seen in the paper, next to what he got picked up for.. he's a good person and now he has this stigma around him for life due to that girl that made false claim on him...he's branded.

also. my ex friend andrew (who is not a friend anymore) wound up doing 4 years for sleeping with a 16 year old he met at a bar.. he was 21, so it's not too far off in age, but still.. he spend 4 years in prison for shit that could have been avoided if maybe the damn bartender would have carded her... people are not always guilty of being pedophiles or rapists, yet when they are sentenced, sometimes there are circumstances involved. Even i've gone home with girls that are in bars.. luckiily they were barely of age, but still.. if it was one year younger, i could have been sentenced if i had crappy public defender.

also jeff ott (of crimpshrine) did the same when he was fucked up on drugs.. he has since sobered up, and try to make matters right.. even in AA, they say you should try to make matters right with the ones you hurt. He knows he did wrong, he knows he fucked up, but he's been trying to be a better person to his wife and kid(s) since. You can say, well he did it, so he's automatically fucked up and should never be forgiven and should be shot, raped himself,etc, etc, but in actuallity if people are trying hard to overcome their mistakes, i think people should be given a chance. everyone has faults.. some worse than others, but they still have faults..

also people don't always steal for money.. some steal just to steal..for the thrill. others steal because they want certain items but can't afford it, so they steal it for themselves. I come from a shitty neighborhood. people don't always do stuff for money.. and people can become rewired.. not everyone who goes to prison for killing, or whatnot comes out doing the same.. some people make a better life for themselves as best as they can.

Yes, I think that Jeff Ott, as a serial rapist, should be shot in the face. Fuck him and fuck his wife for staying with him.

I'm not talking about a guy who thinks he's with an 18 year old and she turns out to be 16. I'm talking about guys who fuck 4 year olds. Guys who hold down women and force it in over and over while the only lubricant is the blood of their torn vaginal walls.

And after the bleeding stops, they're left a lifetime of pain, misery, and self-loathing.

It seems like no one close to you has ever been sexual abused, and that's great. I, however, have known a few people who have. Compassion is hard to have you have to listen while the woman you love is vomiting because your touch reminded her of something from her past.

Yes, I think that Jeff Ott, as a serial rapist, should be shot in the face. Fuck him and fuck his wife for staying with him.

I'm not talking about a guy who thinks he's with an 18 year old and she turns out to be 16. I'm talking about guys who fuck 4 year olds. Guys who hold down women and force it in over and over while the only lubricant is the blood of their torn vaginal walls.

And after the bleeding stops, they're left a lifetime of pain, misery, and self-loathing.

It seems like no one close to you has ever been sexual abused, and that's great. I, however, have known a few people who have. Compassion is hard to have you have to listen while the woman you love is vomiting because your touch reminded her of something from her past.

actually yes, i have.. my ex roommate was molested when she was a youngin'. and when it all came about and how she was handling it, i had to deal with how fucked up she was over it.. but she forgave her dad, and they've had a good relationship since. Unfortunately, yes, she was pretty fucked up about it and was pretty fucked up because of it, but both have changed due to therapy.

as far as jeff, and his wife staying with him?. he did this well before he met his wife? you do know that right? and i know that from knowing him before and after him cleaning himself up. the guy was pretty messed up. since then he's supported his wife and two kids on his own. he's apologized and made right with the woman he did rape. And he mentioned this after cleaning up and numerous shows. He has never tried to keep anything under the table to make himself look better. he's admitted fault to everything and has since tried to make ammends. maybe i'm just more sympathic and more foregiving than most people. I would do the same to anyone who tried their damnest to make things right if they were truly repentant. no matter what it is. everyone desreves 2nd chances.. at least that's what i believe.

now if they have no sympathy for what they've done, then by all means i have no sympathy for them and what the goverment seems fit for them (unless it's having time served and let out on the street). if they don't feel they've done wrong, they should be punished to the fullest extent. but i really think they should be monitored and analyzed so we can figure things out for future situations...

now let's all go out and get ice ream... im old and like old people ice cream like butter nut... who's with me...

Anyone seen SHORTBUS?

I enjoyed Shortbus, but I know a LOT had to do with my childhood crush on Sook-Yin Lee when she was on Much Music.

I replied to this before I finished going through the entire thread, things got a little awkward ...

i couldnt stop laughing when the guy did the "Star Spangled Banner" in one scene... weird thing is i saw it in a theater full of 40+ people and a majority of the theater was of elderly age.. it was nuts, but we all laughed and had a good time. it was a hilarious movie

There once was a girl from Salt Lake City with two cord legs and two rubber titties. She loves electricity, but she burns off gas she gots a V8 pussy and a cadillac ass.

haha.

i really enjoy this movie, and pretty much any Harmony Korine movie. I guess you just have to have a taste for his style..

anyways if you like this movie, check out Julien Donkey Boy, Mr Lonely, Kids, or Ken Park

There once was a girl from Salt Lake City with two cord legs and two rubber titties. She loves electricity, but she burns off gas she gots a V8 pussy and a cadillac ass.

haha.

i really enjoy this movie, and pretty much any Harmony Korine movie. I guess you just have to have a taste for his style..

anyways if you like this movie, check out Julien Donkey Boy, Mr Lonely, Kids, or Ken Park

i havent' seen mr lonely, but i own the rest... ken park is probably the most fucked of all the harmony korrine/larry clarke movies.. i think at least

Does anyone like this movie? My girlfriend and I watched it and hated the hell out of it. We could barely get through it.

It just seemed like a totally pretentious "this is art because it's wierd, don't you get it?" kind of film.

Plus it was boring and awful. I have seen and fairly liked Visitor Q, so its not about being too weird or gross.

i didn't mind it. it was filmed in xenia, ohio. that's about a little over a hour or so drive from cincy. it was odd, not too bad, but not real good either. xenia, ohio still looks like that. well, some parts of it at least. but i guess there is a xenia in every state.