open bars at weddings

oh hell yes it is.

on time we even crashed a wedding that was for a cousin of some kid we went to high school with. we werent invited, but we knew a few people.

that really helped when the bride came up to try and bust us. she said "we had to kick out about 10 people aready who were just drinking our booze". i said "that sucks, congratulations to you and chuck".

then we did 4 shots of vodka and left.

My college newspaper which I work at had it's 40th anniversary this past january and had an open bar. The school is really young for a college, started in the 60's became independent in the 80's, so a lot of the old editors and writers were there. The very first newspaper was an underground one call The Roach (just what you think it means) so we got drunk and listened to a bunch of "How we took down The Man" stories, quite fun.

it was weird today.

last night i had 3 bottles of guinness, two jager bombs, one tequila sunrise and a can of tilt. i didnt feel even barely tipsy during that 3 hour tenure.

today i drank one bottle of guinness, and like 5 glasses of wine, and a glass of chapagne and i was lit for like 3 hours!

thats also the first time ive drank that much during a 12 hour span.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can never seem to get drunk at weddings despite the open bar element.

I mean seriously.

I'll drink excessively -- far more than usual -- and can never seem to get past a pleasant glow.

I think it might be a subconscious cliche-blocker thing built in to make sure you don't make an ass out of yourself at a wedding. I went to a wedding at the Columbian a couple months ago and drank at least 12 Ybor Golds and couldn't get past "pleasant glow" either.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can never seem to get drunk at weddings despite the open bar element.

I mean seriously.

I'll drink excessively -- far more than usual -- and can never seem to get past a pleasant glow.

i'm the same way, but i blame it on the drunk dancing that saturates all the alcohol.

I mean seriously.

i'm the same way, but i blame it on the drunk dancing that saturates all the alcohol.

Agreed.