Dose this seem shady ?

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

I guess more than that is this a good idea?

I want to buy something off of ebay in Germany ( the guy has

%100, 400 feed back)

He said since he isn't registered with pay pal that I would need to send well concealed cash (duh obviously not) or a international money order.

it will come out to be about $30 so it isn't a huge amount.

Guest kevinb

hmm thanks for the thoughts guys.

and the more I think about it pay pal is the only acceptable form of payment on ebay now anyway, so I would think he would have to be registered with pay pal.

I don't think its that shady, i know a few people who don't use Paypal, and his feedback is good. If you are uncomfortable about it don't send it but if its a record you really want then its worth the risk. Where has all the trust gone? people seemed to worry so much less before Paypal and eBay.

I remember back in the days before Paypal I used money orders and even BidPay.

I remember these days... Good times. The days of mail order and trying to hide my cash in an envelope. Oddly enough, I never had a problem that i can remember. I think in the days of paypal though, its nice to have "some sort" of security.

If 400 people on ebay left positive feedback, why would you ask a message board full of people who never dealt with them if the seller is shady or not? That's what ebay feedback is for. Are 400 positive opinions not enough? Just go for it. I doubt that this seller built up a 400 feedback rating just to rip someone off for 30 bucks.

If 400 people on ebay left positive feedback, why would you ask a message board full of people who never dealt with them if the seller is shady or not? That's what ebay feedback is for. Are 400 positive opinions not enough? Just go for it. I doubt that this seller built up a 400 feedback rating just to rip someone off for 30 bucks.

Agreed.

Also +1 for the Ong-bak Avatar.

This is pretty normal for a German seller, especially if he is typically not selling outside the Euro zone. In Germany the standard is to transfer the money directly to someone's bank account. Unlike Paypal there are no transaction fees if you transfer the money like this within the Euro zone.

I guess you could also ask him for his International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and transfer the money directly to his Bank account. But the transaction fees would probably be higher than for a money order.