NFG/Shai Hulud

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ordered a copy of tip of the iceberg when i ordered the mystery box back when, just realized from this whole debacle that i never received it, got the box but not the 7" so i emailed about that and also asked why i got screwed on the 7"s and i got this reply:

"HAVE YOU NOT GOT THE LAST ORDER YET? PLEASE LET ME KNOW....YOU CAN ALWAYS EMAIL HERE! I WILL CHECK WHEN I GET HOME! AND AS FOR THE 7"S ....IF ANY COME BACK IT COULD BE YOUR LUCKY DAY! THANKS FOR WAITING! MOON"

is this person a 12 year old girl?

Fuck, just got refunded. I'm really curious what actual time people ordered these who actually received the record. I really want to call bullshit on how all of this was handled.

I placed my order at 2am Pacific on the 15th (I assume literally only an hour or two after they went up cause when I checked at 10pm of the 14th they weren't up) and would think I would have been one of the first to actually place an order for the remaining 50 of each color.

May 15, 2009 01:47:37 PDT

Transaction ID: ****************

Hello Steven,

Your eCheck bank payment of $28.00 USD to [email protected] ([email protected])is in progress.

eChecks usually take 3-5 business days to process (estimated: 5/20/2009-5/22/2009). We advise merchants not to ship

I'm willing to bet that your payment choice is what screwed you on this. As far as they are concerned your order probably didn't count until it was cleared (so instead of ordering first, they most likely considered it one of the last orders)

My girlfriend sometimes does the 3-5 day thing when she buys something on ebay and pays for it through her checking account which is fine but I would never risk losing out on records because of this. Maybe you should get some cash in your account just as a "just in case fund"?

Fuck, just got refunded. I'm really curious what actual time people ordered these who actually received the record. I really want to call bullshit on how all of this was handled.

I placed my order at 2am Pacific on the 15th (I assume literally only an hour or two after they went up cause when I checked at 10pm of the 14th they weren't up) and would think I would have been one of the first to actually place an order for the remaining 50 of each color.

Hello Steven,

Your eCheck bank payment of $28.00 USD to [email protected] ([email protected])is in progress.

eChecks usually take 3-5 business days to process (estimated: 5/20/2009-5/22/2009). We advise merchants not to ship

Yea dude, no doubt you were probably one of the earlier orders, but I think the whole "e-check" thing kind of screwed you. A payment doesn't count until its cleared and most people just don't like to deal with them. I would start keeping at least like 20 bucks in your paypal just for things like this so you can have instant payments to avoid mishaps like this. or get the paypal debit card! Best card i've got!

edit: I ordered at 9:20

Hello Steven,

Yea dude, no doubt you were probably one of the earlier orders, but I think the whole "e-check" thing kind of screwed you. A payment doesn't count until its cleared and most people just don't like to deal with them. I would start keeping at least like 20 bucks in your paypal just for things like this so you can have instant payments to avoid mishaps like this. or get the paypal debit card! Best card i've got!

edit: I ordered at 9:20

Yeah, the thing is I never had a bad experience before. I ordered the baroness hyperrealist version, death cab saa and a ton of other stuff from distros when stock was low/limited still got that stuff. I just think the way they dealt with it was kind of lame. I would have thought it'd reserve one until the money clears, but whatever. I took a trip to Seattle yesterday to see a Folk Festival with the money I was refunded.

• 3 weeks later...

Shipping is fucked, it always seems like bullshit. I ordered from Dischord once, an I guess they charged me a little more for shipping and they refunded it to my card. It was like 80 cents or something. Not that 80 cents is important, but its just cool that they went that far just to not overcharge a customer.