seriously ? ebay content

Guest kevinb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seller did the buyer a favor...I'm sure with some kind words the seller *could* have declined to refund (especially if he specifies no refunds in his auction). If anything the buyer could have just reposted the record and sold it himself.

+1 to OP for being nice and refunding. That's rare to see these days.

I put my penis up on ebay the other day for a BIN of $32.50 and it sold after a couple of days. The dude payed me promptly, and I was going to wait til the next day to mail it since the post office was already closed. I got an email that night from the guy and he said he already had one and asked for a refund. I had no problem with it and I dont think Kevinb should either. Posting this problem here makes me wonder what people do all day.

Hey, so here's what happened:

1) Impact bought a record

2) Impact paid for the record

3) Impact sent an e-mail saying "Hey I got the record already, can I get a refund"

4) Kevin posted here to say "WTF?"

5) Impact goes, "Hey that was me"

6) Kevin refunds the money

7) Impact and several other spend the next 40 posts saying Kevin is crying like a little bitch.

Seriously, posting multiple times to say someone is being a crybaby/bitch is no better (possibly worse) than being the person you accuse of being a bitch.

Seriously? This thread exists?

All this "legal contract" shit is a load of rubbish.

Sure, it's a contract. As a party to that contract, I have the right to request that it be modified outside of the original terms. That request can either be accepted or denied by the person that is providing the service or merchandise.

Seems to me the buyer did this. If he was denied, he was prepared to live with his mistake. Seller, in a bit of a tizzy over something so unimportant as attending a show, complied with the request only to whine about it to -- get this -- the internet after the fact. At a location where there was a pretty good chance the buyer would see that whining, no less.

Wow.

How is re-listing something on the bay an inconvenience? Driving 7 miles to return a defective item to a store is an inconvenience. A few mouse clicks? Inconvenient?

And this lazy shit is equally ludicrous. Suppose I have some rare variant of a record you collect that you have been searching for for quite some time. I list this on eBay for a very good price BIN. You want to snag it before someone else sees it, so you buy it and pay for it. Then you realize, upon further investigation -- probably to update your list -- that you needed the clear copy, not the clear with black splatter -- a fact you overlooked due to your initial excitement of finding a rarity you need at a good price.

How is this not an honest mistake? How is it lazy?

This sounds like a case of spoiled brat syndrome to me.

I rule in favor of the buyer. Seller is being a baby.

Seriously? This thread exists?

All this "legal contract" shit is a load of rubbish.

Sure, it's a contract. As a party to that contract, I have the right to request that it be modified outside of the original terms. That request can either be accepted or denied by the person that is providing the service or merchandise.

Seems to me the buyer did this. If he was denied, he was prepared to live with his mistake. Seller, in a bit of a tizzy over something so unimportant as attending a show, complied with the request only to whine about it to -- get this -- the internet after the fact. At a location where there was a pretty good chance the buyer would see that whining, no less.

Wow.

How is re-listing something on the bay an inconvenience? Driving 7 miles to return a defective item to a store is an inconvenience. A few mouse clicks? Inconvenient?

And this lazy shit is equally ludicrous. Suppose I have some rare variant of a record you collect that you have been searching for for quite some time. I list this on eBay for a very good price BIN. You want to snag it before someone else sees it, so you buy it and pay for it. Then you realize, upon further investigation -- probably to update your list -- that you needed the clear copy, not the clear with black splatter -- a fact you overlooked due to your initial excitement of finding a rarity you need at a good price.

How is this not an honest mistake? How is it lazy?

This sounds like a case of spoiled brat syndrome to me.

I rule in favor of the buyer. Seller is being a baby.

[image]

Guest kevinb
Hey, so here's what happened:

1) Impact bought a record

2) Impact paid for the record

3) Impact sent an e-mail saying "Hey I got the record already, can I get a refund"

4) Kevin posted here to say "WTF?"

5) Impact goes, "Hey that was me"

6) Kevin refunds the money

7) Impact and several other spend the next 40 posts saying Kevin is crying like a little bitch.

Seriously, posting multiple times to say someone is being a crybaby/bitch is no better (possibly worse) than being the person you accuse of being a bitch.

This.

he got refunded. I found a new buyer.no big deal

all I was trying to reiterate is this is why ebay sucks now, that people can get away with stuff like that and fact that the buyer is always favored.

what a flippin' bastard. you're the reason i didn't get that record on clear from Fat Wreck :P
actually i bought it off the boards for $40 right when that first one went for $80 on ebay, none the less someone bought it from me today for 23 ppd :'(

i stand corrected. i wasn't about to drop $40 on a clear copy. should have held onto it for that much of a loss.

Records: Serious Business.

agreed.

[image]

epic +1