Turntable success!

I guess it would be a good suggestion to never replace all of your audio equipment at once. After replacing my turntable, amp and speakers in one shot I have been trouble shooting my set up ever since. The longest problem came when my power switch on my receiver blew and I had to actually take it to a pro.

However, after having the receiver inspected twice, checking switching and reseting the wires for the speakers and replacing my stylus, everything is now up and fuller functional! Turns out a large amount of the problem was from the stylus on the turntable I bought. The damn thing totally fucked up the midrange on acoustic stuff. I'm so stoked.

now I just need to get my records out of the bathtub.

What's the new setup?

A Rega p1 turntable

Marantz Model 2252 Receiver

Axiom M22V2 bookshelf speakers

Now that it works it sounds nice

Nice! I need to get one of those marantz receivers, I haven't heard a single one that didn't sound amazing, and they even outperform integrated and pre-power marantz combos in the same or a bit higher price range. Definitely worth having.

A Rega p1 turntable

I used to have those same speakers. They sound great.

I think you posted that in the suggestion area and that's why I went with them. They'll probably be in use even when I get a new turntable. Love em.

I used to have those same speakers. They sound great.

I think you posted that in the suggestion area and that's why I went with them. They'll probably be in use even when I get a new turntable. Love em.

I "upgraded" to speakers that cost more than twice as much and I'm not sure they sound as good.

What's the new setup?

A Rega p1 turntable

How sensitive are your speakers? Do you ever feel like you wouldn't mind being able to play your music louder. the 2252 would output 52 watts per channel right?

I'm considering buying a marantz receiver, just trying to figure out how big of one I would want. My receiver right now can push out close to 100 Watts. In all practicality I'd never need that much power but I can see 60 or 70 as not being a bad idea.

Also, what did the speakers set you back?