going back to school is hard

seriously, dudes.

i have 3 meetings with counselors about my Re-entry. its not like i was a fuck-up in college, why am i talking to you again? i want a better job therefore i am going back to your wonderful instution. why do you make it so difficult because i haven't been to school in 4 years?

/end rant

Yeah, I fucking hated all that too. But then again, I didn't do too hot in high school, so I guess I can see why they'd put me through it.

Guest kevinb

Try being out for 5 years and going back with the spelling,punctuation and math skills equivalent of an 8'th grader if that.

you're not the only one man it sucks that I fucked off so bad in high school but I'm ready to go back.

I went through the same thing. I'm 30 and just finished my bachelors.

All I can say is do not take no from the first person you speak with. It took several personal letters from myself and other references and countless phone calls to finally get me back into school. I was a fuck-up so if you're not then you should be alright.

Keep with it...they're just hazing you to make sure you really want to go.

next week marks 3 years since i graduated hs. i'm actually on my way out to a financial aid meeting at phila community right now. i think it will be easier (and cheaper) to do a year there, get stellar grades then apply to a four year school i want to go to. knowing that i'll be working the whole time is terrifying but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm 23 and just finished my first college course. I'm now taking composition I during the summer. I'm slowly working my way up to be a full time student with online and on campus courses. I can't agree more with the work and school thing, that shit sucks. Meanwhile there are people who get all their rent covered by their parents and scholarships cover the rest. Yet they bitch about how they have to work like 20 hours a week. I have to work more than that and I have to pay for my classes.

i work full-time and go to school part-time at night. sometimes i want to cry.

my sister's boyfriend did that for 2 years; i have no idea how. pretty sure i would have killed myself.

he would work 9 - 5, then go to school 6 - 9:30 AND worked sundays.

more power to ya.

I did this for 4 months then got mono and stopped going to class with no warning. stupidity. I didn't know I had mono for a couple months either. I kept working full time and eventually got so sick I went to the doctor and had to miss almost a month of work.

I seriously have been waiting to get laid off now so I can get my ass back into school and get an education. I hated school but it seems necessary to get a real job with real wage.

one of the worst decisions I made was quitting school to work. been wasting my life ever since.