The Board has been good but...

I think in our macho society only women are "allowed" to be bisexual. Dudes who get down with other dudes are generally considered gay, even if they are attracted to women. Elton John, George Michael and other have said that they are sexually attracted to women, however at some point in their lives they had decided that since they were into guys that they were gay. I don't know if that was because of social stigma or something else, but I've always found that to be interesting.

My sexuality could give a shit less where Elton or George stick their cocks!

Here's what really annoys me about the whole "bisexuals just can't decide" crap - WHY do I have to decide? Why is it anyone's business? If I say I am bisexual, that I am attracted to both men and women, who is anybody to argue that? If I am currently in love with and having sexual intercourse with a woman, how does that in any way diminish my attraction to men?

I'll let y'all in on a secret: IT DOESN"T DIMINISH IT AT FUCKING ALL!

Here's something else to think about:

Why is it that people are assumed straight until proven otherwise? Why can't someone consider themselves gay or lesbian even if they've never had sexual intercourse with another partner of the same gender? Do I have to prove that I've fucked a guy and a gal to get my Bisexual Merit Badge? It's ludicrous the way that being gay or lesbian or bisexual is ALWAYS defined by straights as who you've had sex with. Why can't I say, "Well Joe, you're a virgin, so you must be gay."?

Sexual intercourse has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation. Absolutely nothing.

P.S. "Queer" can mean any one of the following, depending on the individual's choice: gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual or questioning.

thank you. +1.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in our macho society only women are "allowed" to be bisexual. Dudes who get down with other dudes are generally considered gay, even if they are attracted to women. Elton John, George Michael and other have said that they are sexually attracted to women, however at some point in their lives they had decided that since they were into guys that they were gay. I don't know if that was because of social stigma or something else, but I've always found that to be interesting.

My sexuality could give a shit less where Elton or George stick their cocks!

Here's what really annoys me about the whole "bisexuals just can't decide" crap - WHY do I have to decide? Why is it anyone's business? If I say I am bisexual, that I am attracted to both men and women, who is anybody to argue that? If I am currently in love with and having sexual intercourse with a woman, how does that in any way diminish my attraction to men?

I'll let y'all in on a secret: IT DOESN"T DIMINISH IT AT FUCKING ALL!

Here's something else to think about:

Why is it that people are assumed straight until proven otherwise? Why can't someone consider themselves gay or lesbian even if they've never had sexual intercourse with another partner of the same gender? Do I have to prove that I've fucked a guy and a gal to get my Bisexual Merit Badge? It's ludicrous the way that being gay or lesbian or bisexual is ALWAYS defined by straights as who you've had sex with. Why can't I say, "Well Joe, you're a virgin, so you must be gay."?

Sexual intercourse has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation. Absolutely nothing.

P.S. "Queer" can mean any one of the following, depending on the individual's choice: gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual or questioning.

P.S.S. On an unrelated note, I find it funny that people are upset that there is a real adult discussion going on instead of going on and on about what color Wiggle repress we're gonna buy or that fucking Keyboard Cat. Fucking hell.

i like you. let's make smores.

Guest drahtuos
Jesus fucking Christ, this whiny "you have to lift the platter to change speed" argument again? At least I have a turntable that accurately reproduces the sound etched into the grooves. You couldn't pay me to play my records on a Technics now.

As for a "true audiophile" set-up, give us your definition of what "true audiophile" is and maybe we can better respond.

honestly my definition of a "true audiophile" is some fuck who has too much money to waste and are way too obsessed with sound quality to ever be satisfied. i would never consider myself an audiophile, i don't have the ear for it anyway. as for having a decent set up that sounds great i'm sure your regas and projects are awesome but a 1200 is just as good and for me it's prefered. i never discounted your prefered tables as being inferior to the table i choose to use, i only stated that at least i can listen to my 7"s at the push of a button rather than having to lift the platter. not arguing just stating a fact, sorry if that pissed you off.

That's for damn sure.

i seriously doubt any of you people have a true audiophile set up anyway, the truth is though that for a set up within the $500 - $1,000 range a technics can serve as a great hi fi table especially if you're into modifying your tables, many audio enthusiasts attest to this. as for my ears? they are completely satisfied with what i've got, and honestly i'm more of lo fi recordings kind of guy anyway but i prefer to have a decent set up since i listen to more than just lo fi.

and at least i don't have to take my table apart to switch speeds..

Wow... you're quite presumptive.

There are a few of us who have high end set ups.

This is my turntable and I don't have to take it apart to switch speeds.

[image]

Jesus fucking Christ, this whiny "you have to lift the platter to change speed" argument again? At least I have a turntable that accurately reproduces the sound etched into the grooves. You couldn't pay me to play my records on a Technics now.

As for a "true audiophile" set-up, give us your definition of what "true audiophile" is and maybe we can better respond.

honestly my definition of a "true audiophile" is some fuck who has too much money to waste and are way too obsessed with sound quality to ever be satisfied. i would never consider myself an audiophile, i don't have the ear for it anyway. as for having a decent set up that sounds great i'm sure your regas and projects are awesome but a 1200 is just as good and for me it's prefered. i never discounted your prefered tables as being inferior to the table i choose to use, i only stated that at least i can listen to my 7"s at the push of a button rather than having to lift the platter. not arguing just stating a fact, sorry if that pissed you off.

Sorry bro. It's been a high-strung night!

It wasn't you, per se, that upset me, it's the fact that I've heard soooo many people complain about how you change speeds on a Rega, and I can't for the life of me, see what the big deal is. Are people that pressed for time that they can't take 15 seconds to lift the platter and move the belt? With everything else to consider when buying a turntable, I find it hard to comprehend why that's what people focus on...

Is there a difference between a woman being "gay" and a woman being a "lesbian"? I've never understood the distinction.

No, I usually say "gay" because its shorter. Also because "lesbian" is a weird sounding word. Not that I can speak for the whole world, but for everyone that I know its just a matter of whichever word you feel like saying at that particular instant.