USA: 2 Spain: 0

totally unwarranted too. penalty, yes. yellow card, maybe. red card, no way.

easily one of the biggest wins in US soccer though. the only bad thing is that by winning this game we get the task of playing Brazil again.

I am glad you just assume Brazil will beat South Africa. SA have a better chance to beat Brazil than we did to beat Spain today.

Today's win was incredible though considering we got super lucky and probably shouldn't even have been there.

I shed a tear of joy as soon as I heard that last whistle. This was such a big win, and it wasn't like we just got lucky, we just flat out outplayed Spain.

Landon's early yellow and Bradley's red where an embarrassment to refs everywhere, fouls yes, reds? No. Why he was even reffing this match is beyond me. He is the same guy who was in the middle of the 2006 World Cup match we had against Italy where we were up a goal and a man until the ref sent two of our men off on questionable calls, oh well though, we are in the finals. :~)

I don't want to ruin your mood, but this means nothing at all. it's only one level away from a friendly match, this cup has no prestige at all. It's like the preseason of next years' World Cup.

Everyone brought and played their best players. Puyol looked pretty angry storming off the pitch yesterday after the match. The only players Spain are missing is Iniesta and Senna, and that's just cause they are injured.

Yesterday was probably as much fun as I've ever had watching a USA National team match. Great, gutsy performance.

Brazil just beat South Africa in a snoozefest. So it's USA V Brazil on Sunday. If USA can pull off another victory, that'd be a decent 3 match winning streak: Egypt, Spain, Brazil

Everyone brought and played their best players. Puyol looked pretty angry storming off the pitch yesterday after the match. The only players Spain are missing is Iniesta and Senna, and that's just cause they are injured.

l

Yeah, it was a nice victory, BUT the Spanish players are playing in the top European Championships, and they all had a long and tiring season. And like I said this cup means almost nothing to a players who won European Cup, Champions league etc. Mark my word if they'll meet next year during the World Cup, it will be a different story.

I don't want to ruin your mood, but this means nothing at all. it's only one level away from a friendly match, this cup has no prestige at all. It's like the preseason of next years' World Cup.

says a guy who's from a country that hasn't even qualified for any major tournaments in over 20 years.

from the Concacaf group it's not a miracle, try it from Europe....

oh and have you been in a World Cup final?? we can fight, but it wasn't my point at all.

Did you see Brazil after they won today? They were dancing on the sidelines. I think the only person who doesn't care about this tournament is you.

Most of the American players are coming off long and tiring seasons as well.