BTMI! "Scrambles" LP -- IT EXISTS! (pic)

[image]

Now that looks sexy. From BTMI's myspace blog:

There have been a lot of things on my mind about Scrambles and the problems that we've had with the pressing, distribution, timing and cost of everything. But it all kinda went out the window when I finally got our vinyl yesterday afternoon. I'm sure vinyl collective will post some better photos of these soon, because they have real cameras and not cell phones.

Not sure how visible it is in this picture, but if you look through that red record, the words that used to say "Scrambles" now say "Bomb the Music Industry!" We will have these on tour, and even though they were kinda expensive to make they will still only be $10. They will come with a fanzine. Not to toot our own horn, but this is the coolest looking record I think I've ever seen. Get me drunk sometimes and I'll tell you about all the woes behind it, but for now I think this was well worth the cost and the wait.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't see in the picture, but the red vinyl acts as a decoder for the lyric sheet and when placed over it, says "BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!" (like how the cover art of the CD comes with a decoder that when placed over it says "SCRAMBLES" -- of course, no one would know this because who buys CDs, anyway?).

Guest markovianprocess

This is good news. I still haven't listened to the new album because I wanted to hear it on vinyl first. This package looks and sounds fucking awesome.

Guest Admin

Just so everyone knows, we have the jackets and the vinyl, but we don't have the booklets. once we get those, we will send these out. thanks for everyone's patience.

Kind of wish the record wasn't the decoder - no way to read the lyrics while listening. Cool, nonetheless.

except for the lyrics and explanations/back stories that have been available since the album was put up for download on quoteunquote reocrds: http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/qur022.htm

Kind of wish the record wasn't the decoder - no way to read the lyrics while listening. Cool, nonetheless.

except for the lyrics and explanations/back stories that have been available since the album was put up for download on quoteunquote reocrds: http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/qur022.htm

By that logic, why even press the record? Oh, right, so people can have a tangible product.